Wheel Hop

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting some nasty wheel hop at times unloaded. I plan on putting bags in the back for sure, for load leveling. Would this help or is there some thing else I should look into?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lighten up your right foot.... LOL Mine does that if I'm starting to pull a hill with no load from a dead stop. Hell come to think of it, it does it with my 5ther hooked up too. I'm looking at building a set of ladder bars to help with my problem. I don't think air bags are going to help much there. May try backing the tire psi down in your rear tires a little. Tire compounds play in to this to. If the rubber is to hard you,ll get wheel hop.

Fine69

Reaction score
Sounds like you need some Traction Bars! This is one of the side effects of a very light truck,(when empty), and a lot of horsepower.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I know. The worst was in some 3 in deep snow in 2x4 and decided to take a notion to hop. You ever try to clean coffee off a dash and head liner in - 35 weather? :rant Who makes a decent set that'll fix r up?

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these trucks have so much power and torque its not common to hear this. i have a manual 6 speed trans, and if i wind it out i can see the marks on the rear leafs where the rubber bushing hits the top helper springs with it empty. i actually asked the dealer when i first bought it for this, thinking there was a problem with the alignment of the drive line. they told me it was normal. i doubt air bags will help at all unless you are trying to manage weight .the only thing i would say is some type of trac bars also to extend the leafs and spread the torque, but i haven't seen a kit yet unless you lift it 6" or more, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Fine69

Reaction score
Ya I know. The worst was in some 3 in deep snow in 2x4 and decided to take a notion to hop. You ever try to clean coffee off a dash and head liner in - 35 weather? :rant Who makes a decent set that'll fix r up?

ProComp, Farmboy Fabrication, and Rize Industries, are a few.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58