When it rains...

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
It pours.

I've been complaining about what I thought was a pulled muscle for nearly a year. I went to the doctor, she didn't like my lab work at all and had me scheduled for a heart echo test.

So I show up, having been though this before, thinking this was going to be a ten minute test and I'd be out the door.

Wrong.

The test went on for nearly a half hour, and the technician seemed more concerned by the minute. She then said, STAY RIGHT THERE!, she then left the room, only to return with half the cardio staff at Eglin Hospital. I was told that an ambulance had been called to transport me to Pensacola Sacred Heart Hospital. It did not look good.

The next day, I was scheduled for open heart surgery, and draining nearly twenty pounds of built up fluid around my heart. I had been feeling worse and worse over the last few months, my heart was only working at 50 percent and straining to do the job. It got damaged in the process, how much remains to be seen.

So I can't travel for long distances, I have to see the heart surgeon three times a week, and I am now TRULY retired, as the doctors tell me I cannot work at anything. If I hadn't gone to Sacred Heart for the procedure, I would not have lasted through March.

I may not be around as much, and the Beast is definitely staying parked at $4.10 a gallon. I may not be able to keep the house, much less the truck.

Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. Fixed incomes suck. And to be honest, I'm of a mixed mind as to whether recovering from this episode was such a good idea. If I did buy the farm, the wife would have a paid for house.

Sorry for the gloom and doom, just don't know how much more bovine scat this zoomie can stand. :(

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your chin up and stay strong things may look bad now but im shure your wife would rather have you around than the house.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man some disappointing news no doubt.

do you have any long term disablity
insurance ?

dont know the situation but couldnt
you sell the farm and pay the house
down ?

our thoughts and prayers are w/ you.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Rich;

I am glad that they caught it in time. Every day is a blessing. Be strong for your wife and family. They need you.
You will be in our prayers, on this very special weekend. :sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Richard
hang in there, we will put you on the list tonight at church.
geeeze man, get that ticker cleared up and RELAX, thats a lot of fluid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58