When to get head studs?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have seen head studs done 3 diff. ways.

On mine, they pulled the engine out of the front. That's just how the diesel tech liked to do it.

Then there is the cab off.

Last, but not least, I have seen threads of owners doing them with the engine in frame.

Reaction score
yeah what the guys said... and i don't think it makes much difference what year you choose.. the 05 and new trucks look a lil different and ride a little smoother cause of the different front ends... the 07 trucks have better turbos... i think it all depends on your budget and what kind of miles the truck has

is he speakin in tounges lmao

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yeah but i don't think that reply was to this thread about the guy's head studs

and you're right lol but....

I found this link on mod lists and budget break down for the 6.0. I am sure some of you have already seen this.

So I guess its any ones guess when the head studs need to be done? or could go out?

The newer the truck the better? 05 and newer?

6.0L Power Stroke Power Recipes - Ford Diesel Trucks - Diesel Power Magazine

I was referring to the question there at the end that says... "the newer the truck the better? 05 and newer?".... i know the original topic was about head studs but that particular question was the one I was talking about.....

it makes sense to me :dunno

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey strokepower you mentioned something about your sct hp test>>>>what is this? it isnt on the sct is it? just curious as to how much power i may be putting out

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
hey strokepower you mentioned something about your sct hp test>>>>what is this? it isnt on the sct is it? just curious as to how much power i may be putting out

The livewire's have it on them as a performance tester thingy.... you go to it on your livewire and click on HP and torque test.. then go through a full power band and it'll give you a peak hp and a peak torque... and if you leave it on it will do instant hp (kinda cool to see when you just punch it for a second)

if you don't have a livewire then you don't know what im talking about lol

mine said my peak hp was 457.87 and my peak tq was 762.98... have no clue how accurate this thing is... that is probably not what im putting on the ground.. i think its a computer calculation of what it thinks the motor is putting out??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14