Where do you fit in?

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Now that I have moved to the Tennessee mountains, guilty on all counts.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I fit all the criteria. But I have an issue with anybody south of WI giving me winter driving advice, especially coming from "know it all reporters". Unless you've experienced it for multiple winters, you don't have the credibility.

If Jim Hilkevitch of the Chicago Tribune thinks I drive too fast, then I'll bet he was the guy doing 20 mph on the highway causing a 1/2 mile long parade of cars. That idiot whoever it was caused myself and over 25 others people to be late for work that day. It took me over a half hour to make a 10 minute trip on that stretch of road. :rant

Last edited:

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing can stop good on ice and snow no matter what vehicle or tires you have. I know I drive a lil faster in my 4x4's in bad weather cause I pass other people goin slower. I watch alot of that smoking guns worlds dumbest and man I see lots of women crash through stores or gas stations cause they "accidentally" hit the accelerator instead of the brakes.

And open letter from a 4x4 driver to the people that are scared to death to drive on snow and ice:

I will say that I will NEVER be without a 4x4 vehicle. The bigger, the better.

You folks will drive at a speed you feel is safe on the icy/snow covered roads. ;tu Good for you. Me too.

If I, in my :oval 4x4, choose to go around you in a safe manner when I get the chance (that is: when you're not riding right beside another slow poke for miles upon miles doing your own personal version of a rolling road block :dunno), please don't get P-O'd at me. :cool:

Just because I've made preparations for nasty weather, and have a vehicle that can handle it WAY better than yours:thumbs, doesn't automatically mean I'm one of those people that thinks they can drive as fast as they want "just because it's 4 wheel drive".

I'm completely aware of what my vehicle is capable of, and have spent years and literally hundreds of thousands of miles learning it. :drive All without an accident.

And yes, if I see you in the ditch, I'll probably stop and put my 15k lb tow strap on you and pull you out. And I won't accept any money for it either. I will however, accept your thanks, so don't forget your manners. :Hatsoff

Then you can go home and tell the world :chat that one of those crazy 4 wheel drive owners helped you out of the ditch.

After that, you can start calling around to get your front-end fixed, thinking all the while that you should've been parked at home nursing a JB & 7.

Thanks for listening, and I'll watch out for ya. :goodluck

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
And open letter from a 4x4 driver to the people that are scared to death to drive on snow and ice:

I will say that I will NEVER be without a 4x4 vehicle. The bigger, the better.

You folks will drive at a speed you feel is safe on the icy/snow covered roads. ;tu Good for you. Me too.

If I, in my :oval 4x4, choose to go around you in a safe manner when I get the chance (that is: when you're not riding right beside another slow poke for miles upon miles doing your own personal version of a rolling road block :dunno), please don't get P-O'd at me. :cool:

Just because I've made preparations for nasty weather, and have a vehicle that can handle it WAY better than yours:thumbs, doesn't automatically mean I'm one of those people that thinks they can drive as fast as they want "just because it's 4 wheel drive".

I'm completely aware of what my vehicle is capable of, and have spent years and literally hundreds of thousands of miles learning it. :drive All without an accident.

And yes, if I see you in the ditch, I'll probably stop and put my 15k lb tow strap on you and pull you out. And I won't accept any money for it either. I will however, accept your thanks, so don't forget your manners. :Hatsoff

Then you can go home and tell the world :chat that one of those crazy 4 wheel drive owners helped you out of the ditch.

After that, you can start calling around to get your front-end fixed, thinking all the while that you should've been parked at home nursing a JB & 7.

Thanks for listening, and I'll watch out for ya. :goodluck

Couldnt have said it any better myself! Im actually a big worry wart when it comes to safety. If I just dont feel comfortable passing someone slower than me when its snowy, I wont. I will just go with the flow. Thats why if its nasty out, leave a lil earlier just in case. Most of my driving life, I have had a 4x4 and would never go without one. I currently have 3 4x4's that I can choose one if the ole stroker is out of commission. I plan on puttin our western snow plow on it soon to do our drive way and dealership driveway. I have a plow on my atv but my hands get too cold plowin with it. Plus I could make money more comfortably with my truck. One thing I do need is some new tires, I might have a hard time if and when it snows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58