Where do you start with the Edge platinum?

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where do you start setting up the Edge Platinum EGT and boost limits? I've read all about how to do it and what happens when you approach the limits but I don't know what the limits should be. Where do you start? What EGT should you be looking for for the Turbo Timer? I just don't know where to begin.

Also, should I be worried about tearing up my stock transmission or will it be ok as long as I leave the transmission settings alone? I just got the truck and don't want to break it. Its my baby.

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set my EGT limit to 1250. Boost limit is set to max. The truck wont come near that. Set all of your tranny protection to max and you will be okay.
I set my turbo timer to 390. Just play with it, its easy to figure out. Level 4 will be the max you want to go with the stock tranny. Level 3 is usually where I stay. Level 4 hasnt given me any problems at all when I use it.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As PSD POWER007 said.

Just put it in 4, leave it there, and drive normally. When you need the power, it will be there, 1300 is a max for EGTs, you will not over boost, actually, it lies with the max boost (in memory).

Just don't over do it and you will love it!

Barrett

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
My Max EGT's are at 1250. Boost is at 30.

You can put it on 5 and just have a little fun, but try and keep it to a minimum. I keep mine on 3 for the best power with the best mileage and I'm getting up to 18/20 with my lift kit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14