Where I'm working now.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to go TG!!! Yes you definitely hit the jackpot. Hopefully I can land something soon, but right now there's nothing in the telemarketing support field, so I'm looking at changing careers. Kinda rough for an almost 59 year old guy.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Hopefully I can land something soon, but right now there's nothing in the telemarketing support field, so I'm looking at changing careers. Kinda rough for an almost 59 year old guy.

I hear ya!!
Good luck on the job search.
I heard on the news the other day that statistically speaking, an unemployed person 55 or older has only a 38% chance of finding another job.

Good thing I'm not quite there yet, even though I'm close enough. But I suppose being near the top of the class helps to compensate for the few stray grey hairs.:fogey:fogey

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have played with the idea of change job fields. But I know so much in constution. At 44 years of age. I got 1 mil. plus miles in driving a trucks. Can run almost any heavy equipment wize like dozers, track hoes, and so on. Can oparate crains, build houses and buildings. Worked for ford as a wrinch head. I have no clue were to go next. TG glad you found something to do.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
what did you decide on for a tool box?
My Snap-On guy has a shload of used stuff for sale...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
what did you decide on for a tool box?
My Snap-On guy has a shload of used stuff for sale...

I'll wait to see what my tool needs at work will actually be. Some tools I have, I was told not to bring to work because they have company/calibrated tools we're supposed to use.

Besides for now, I'm just a painter/ N.U.G (New Useless Guy) because I don't have my FAA certificate yet. I should have it in little more than a month though. Once I'm done with school and my FAA practical exams, I'll be taking my tools to work.

I'm sort of surprised to see how simple & small many of the tool chests are that the mechanics out there have. I was expecting on average, to see everyone with larger boxes. As is, my Menards box is already as big or bigger than many used by others at work.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya!!
Good luck on the job search.
I heard on the news the other day that statistically speaking, an unemployed person 55 or older has only a 38% chance of finding another job.

Good thing I'm not quite there yet, even though I'm close enough. But I suppose being near the top of the class helps to compensate for the few stray grey hairs.:fogey:fogey

Hopefully I can find one soon. My severance pay will be gone before long. My hair is pretty grey, almost white in some places. My wife wants me to darken it a bit. Side note - a few years ago on Halloween, I went to work dressed as Larry The Cable Guy and painted my hair black and didn't wear my glasses. Most people who saw me every day didn't know me and those who did said I looked 10 years younger. My hair used to be dark brown many moons ago. We'll see how that goes. I also need to do that before putting my picture on my LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. Oh well, it's been said that everything happens for a reason and that God doesn't give a person any bigger load than they can handle.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I hear ya!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao stop my sides are a splitting ELDER :D

wayne
considered a job in the DPS in tyler
DL Field Program Supervisor-Tyler

Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection

TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
TxDPS - Texas Department of Public Safety
Job Posting: 6800528 - DL Field Program Supervisor-Tyler
Employer Posting No: DPS00043

pay is much gooooooood

Members online

No members online now.