Where to buy trailer in TX

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a trailer while i am home on vacation. I seem to be renting a lot of U-Haul auto transport trailers and by now i could have paid for a trailer. With more towing in my near future i think it would be a purchase worth while.

I am looking for an 18-20ft long trailer, diamond plate surface with a dovetail... and should be able to hold about 8-10K lbs. Electric brakes would also be necessary but i would think a trailer meeting those specs would come with that anyway. Its primary purpose looks like auto transport.

Something like this:
Model135.jpg

Anybody know where i can get one around the DFW area?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Mike,

These people built mine. They can custom build just about anything to your specifications.

Hawn Frwy Trailer

Tbar

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a trailer while i am home on vacation. I seem to be renting a lot of U-Haul auto transport trailers and by now i could have paid for a trailer. With more towing in my near future i think it would be a purchase worth while.

I am looking for an 18-20ft long trailer, diamond plate surface with a dovetail... and should be able to hold about 8-10K lbs. Electric brakes would also be necessary but i would think a trailer meeting those specs would come with that anyway. Its primary purpose looks like auto transport.

Something like this:
Model135.jpg

Anybody know where i can get one around the DFW area?

the pic of the trailer you have mike, is a kaufman trailer.

they are out of lexington, nc. i bought my 36ft. 2 car trailer from them about 3 years ago. they are a very good company to buy from. a very trust worthy company.

i dont know if they have dealers that sell their products in other states or not.

i would give them a call, and ask for Sid, he is very helpful.

just a thought. :thumbs

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Oops, that reply was ment for Tbar.

Bama, yeah i know about Kaufmans. I WAS going to buy a trailer from them when i was up in the east coast but NC is a bit of a stretch from TX. When i was talking to them it didnt sound like they had dealers anywhere else but they would deliver. It was gonig to be like $700 to ship to DE, i would hate to see what it would be to ship all the way down to TX.

I'll look into it regardless.... you never know untill you ask right?

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same trailer as in your pic but it's made by Diamond Trailers sold here in Dallas off Harry Hines Blvd. at the C&M trailer store. Got a heck of a deal on mine out the door. Has elec. brakes, large D rings for tie downs, diamond plate fenders & edge trim, with a blk diamond plate floor.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go w/ a WOODEN deck youll have a bit more versatility (since you
would be able to drill holes and mount "stuff" in the deck)

I know we never THINK we'll necessarily need the flexiblity...but
thats the point you never know.

also i went w/ a 18' FLAT trailer w/ stow-able ramps...the ramps
are stored under the trailer (from side to side, visable in the photos)...
this allowed me to have a 18' of TOTAL USABLE space...w/ the beaver
tails you basically give up some FLAT AREA for the slanted tail.

i had my 3' ramps extended to 7'...they are still STORED under the
trailer...and w/ 7' ramps you can get just about any car up on the
trailer, no matter how LOW the car is to the ground !

heres some photos of my 18footer

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
This is the reply I got back from Hawn Freeway Trailer:
A trailer with 5” frame 5” full wrap tongue diamond tread plate floor brakes on one 5200# one idler HD slide in ramps bulldog coupler 2 5/16 brake away kit HD chains we can add tie downs any where and as many as you need , LED tail lights ,steel light guards, wire in conduit --- our price is 4200.00 you can take 250.00 offf that for serving. The lead time is about 2-3 weeks. Thanks James

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
bushpilot,
I agree, the majority of its use will be auto transport but know i will come up with other uses. Thats why i want to go with a trailer that can hold 10K lbs, my car only weighs about 4,000 but you never know when you need to tow something bigger..... like..... let say a Dodge Ram ;)

Would you mind emailing me the pictures? I cant see them because of the internet filters. [email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg