Where to get fuel in Lubbock

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I had to come to town for a family thing so I will be here a few days. Where is the best place to get my #2. It's been about 9 years since I lived here and usually dont stay long enough that it matters.

Suggestions. :dunno

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
here's a few places bubba, hope it helps.

Rip Griffin Travel Center Hwy 87 South, 4609 Ave A Lubbock TX 79404 24 hours Texaco 2.399

Town & Country #206 202 50th St Lubbock TX 79404 yes 24 Hrs Unbranded 2.379

Chisum Travel Center I-84 Exit 289 2611 E Slaton Rd Lubbock TX 79404 24 Hrs Indep 2.429

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
TxAtty always says the Flying J linked above has the best price.:dunno It's always between Flying J and Love's up here for the best price for #2. But I haven't gotten #2 since March.:D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my travels flying j has always beat loves...(when i was makin' my
houston / virginia runs id check the fuel pricing and locations on the
fly via my blackberry)

typically you can find it cheaper locally, but its a matter of having
time & knowing where to look...when youre on the interstate doin
long distance runs its just not an option.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
petro's has always seemed to be lower than flyin j to me. travelcenters of america is one of the highest.

we run on a fuel card system that gives you a discount when you fuel up at certain stops.

TA, PETRO, Wilco-Hess, and alot of mom & pops are on the list.

flyin j is not part of our program since they offer their own fuel card system, but they are a very clean truck stop. and i have bought fuel their before and paid with credit card. sometimes you have to buy at other places, or you will be stuck on the side of the road and out of fuel.

had to take a shower at one in south GA one time, very clean.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
morning, I just saw this post... I watch all the local prices closesly and if you are in the NE area of town, Flying J has 2.37. I noticed last night a Fina at 50th and Quaker has it for 2.35. On Slide and 12th is a Boltons for 2.37 and Boltons on Q too. B&B on 50th just East of University is also 2.37.

The price has not moved in about a week. Welcome to town. I hope the family matter is not a bad one.

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my grandmother is in the hospital so my mother made her calls to everybody so we all came runnin. Looks like she is gonna be ok this time (thats what I'm prayin for anyway).
Found #2 in Levelland as I left my folk house this morning for 2.35 at Murphy USA.
As soon as I pulled out onto the road to get back to Lubbock though I felt something funny happen. Long story short.....I will be driving back to Dallas tommorow with no 2nd gear. Seems that a cluchpack decided it was done so I have to get to shiftin speed, let off the pedal until it catches, them I'm good to go through the rest of the gears. Gonna be a fun trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl