Where to Hide-A-Key

dpantazis

Reaction score
greetings all-

i know this is risky to ask openly, but if you were to hide a key somewhere on your truck, where are good places?

twice i have locked myself out of the truck. spare key was in one case a $10 cab ride :( , the other 60 miles away -mad !!!

a simple $2 hide-a-key and $1 spare would have saved me lots of aggravation.

dennis

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I'm a member of AAA and they cut me a door key out of a plastic credit card to keep in my wallet...for free.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Possibly a magnetic key case in the bed of the truck under the bed rail or behind the bed liner.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
03 had magnetic holder inside bumper or under bed rail. new truck has keypad entry and I still keep a spare under the rail, just in case

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Inside the tube on the hitch if you have one. Not the reciever tube, but the tube that runs perpendicular to the frame.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
:( , the other 60 miles away -mad !!!

Been there done that while out at the farm. Truck was running too! :doh: I now carry 2 keys in my pocket. One set is the key fob with all the usual keys, the other is truck key, tool box key and aux. tank lock key on just a key ring and I barely notice they're in my pocket.

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
Well, if I told you where I keep mine, then I would have to find a new place for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14