Wheres my coolant going?

RedBadge6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have an 03 6. and im confused where my coolant is leaking from. i literally have to put coolant in there once week, and im always fulling it to the top. and its always bone dry. what causing this?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooo... If it's not on the ground, it's going out the tailpipe, meaning you probably have a bad EGR cooler or head gasket(s). Sorry for the bad news man. What's your oil look like?

RedBadge6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
its not on the ground, and i had my egr vavle replaced last fall in october. all i know maybe if keeping running it hard, i can get a new motor from warranty.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
all i know maybe if keeping running it hard, i can get a new motor from warranty.
Probably not a good idea, better off getting it fixed if possible, you won't get a NEW motor, it will be a REMAN. Just look at my sig to see how good the remans are...:rolleyes:
Sounds like head gaskets or EGR COOLER.:)

Jim up north

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
coolant leak

It is most likely your egr cooler , for I was losing coolant also and could not see where it was going . Ask your dealer for a coolant dye for your reservoir and it will tell you sooner where your leak is coming from. That is how I found mine .
Hope this helps .
Jim:)

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I had coolant leak earlier this winter. I would have a coolant flow dribbling down the driveway,but only on cold nights. If I parked out in the street (flat area)-no leak. Turned out to be the EGR cooler fitting located under turbo_On the incline of my driveway it would leak down the back of the block and down the starter motor. 4 days at dealership/ 1 loaner car ('06 Taurus POS)/ $100.00 deductable and we're all better now.:doh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg