wheres the torque

nakahama001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
last night i tried to climb a curb it was like 10 inches tall or so i rolled up to it and it to like 10 lbs of boost before it went over is this normal for 35s and pretty much stock my old lady was with me and said her camry had more torque lol can any one help me:thanks

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
a 10 inch curb? That's huge. No camry could even clear that kind of curb. Was this a street curb or something else? Normal street curbs are probably not more than 3 to 4 inches.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my truck when I had 35's on it. It is better but not much now that I have gears (4.56's) and 38's. These newer diesels don't seem to build any torque until they build boost.

dieselpilot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You got to roll up to it, slow like, and use inertia for help to bump up over the curb. Get her cammy to prove her point and after she's high centred you can go get your diesel and yank her off. :sly

nakahama001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was just guessin about 10 inches maybee less i was just currious if that sounded normal for 3.73 gears and 35s

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
If I go at a curb one wheel at a time I dont have any trouble at all. 3.55 gears and 285/75/16 (whatever that translates to). Dont recall that I ever tried straight on.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i got your torque right here.:sly i can roll up to a curb and tap the go pedal and up and over she goes. no issues. been following this post. i got no answer other than something seems amiss.
what type of 'curb' is 10" tall? can't say as the 'curb' i am referring to is 10" tall - just your standard curb. maybe find a california curb...:roflmao

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no problem climbing up a curbs on an angle 1 tire at a time but head on in 2wd is a different story. 4wd Hi or low is a walk in the park!

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep in mind youve got an extremely heavy engine holdin ya down to street! any truck with that kind of weight up front will have problems. just my thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg