Which chip is the best?

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
I would like to know which 6 position chip should i get because their is alot of chips out for these trucks. I know some people on here run Bean burns, Tipton burns, Wildman burns, TS Performance burns, and the list could go on. The things i would like to know about is which one makes the most power which one shifts the best, does one smoke more than others, and the rest of the typical things that makes a good chip. Sorry about all of the questions but i just want to get the most out of my money, and not have any second thoughts like i wish i would have got that one instead. Any info on any of the chips listed and other would be great. Thanks

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
THEDIESELMAN said:
I would like to know which 6 position chip should i get because their is alot of chips out for these trucks. I know some people on here run Bean burns, Tipton burns, Wildman burns, TS Performance burns, and the list could go on. The things i would like to know about is which one makes the most power which one shifts the best, does one smoke more than others, and the rest of the typical things that makes a good chip. Sorry about all of the questions but i just want to get the most out of my money, and not have any second thoughts like i wish i would have got that one instead. Any info on any of the chips listed and other would be great. Thanks

kinda like asking which weed-eater you should buy....

they are all good....but which one feels comfortable ?

I like the TW version, comes with an on-off switch, its always available for newer tweaks, and the customer service is awesome....

your questions bring up a good point.. with a 6-pos you can get all
the stuff you want, high idle, tow, economy, mild, wild, extreme...etc, etc...

best guess is to talk to the guys and ask them if they can provide you with what you want....

yeppers!

Last edited:

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
I checked out the Power & Performance Upgrades section but i did not find what i was looking for. what i am looking for is which one makes the most power which one shifts the best, does one smoke more than others, and the rest of the typical things that makes a good chip, and peoples experiences with the chip they have now.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run TS, DI, Tadds (ats) and soon will send a chip to tony to try some of his stuff. Best yet is Tadds tunes, did 351hp and 900 TQ with 35% water meth at a recent dyno. You need to call around and find one you feel good with. I would suggest Tadd, Jody or Tonys stuff.

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
I see that Tony Wildman seems to be one of the tuners that i read about the most along with Tipton and Bean. How do i go about getting some Wildman burns for my truck does he have a site like the others do. Also what kind of rear wheel hp should i get from say a 120 hp tune.
CSIPSD when do you plan on getting the tunes from tony because if it is not long i might wait and see what you think about them since it seems like you have tried alot of different tunes on your truck.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next week or so, I have a blank 6 pos ATS chip that I am going to send his way. Tony has done alot of OBS stuff, I know a few SD guys running his programs and they are happy!!!

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DP tuner baby :) Wait for there new chip to come out, it's gonna be great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14