Which chip?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
heys guys,
i just bought my truck and it already has a superchip. should i get a different one? from what i have seen on here, they are not a favorite. i am getting about 24 mpg's right now.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you relying on the overhead computer or hand calculating that 24 MPG? Do you have larger that stock tires on your truck?

JRJ04

Reaction score
id be willing to bet that 24 mpg is coming from the lie-o-meter...mine said that too when I had a superchip...and I was really getting about 14-15 hand calculated.

Get a DP Tuner and trash the superchip!

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Superchip programer. It was always tripping the SES light. Plus it was a pain to re-program it when I pulled my toy hauler. I went with a DP Tuner and LOVE it. EZ to change tunes, better performance, better MPG's, no more SES light, plus lower EGT's when towing!! I kept the Superchip due to the code reading ability but after a year or so of NO code issues I sold it. Call Tony @ DP and tell him how you use your truck and he will set you up with just what you need.

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Thats crazy if you are getting that! Like stated before, Dptuner.com is the common one. I put the sct xcal3 in my buds 02 and it works good also.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
thanks for all the replies guys. greatly appreciated. i have 285/75/r16 right now. i forgot if that is larger than stock or not. so i guess you were right about the lie-o-meter! i calculated it today and it was only 20 mpg. but i am still happy with that. so if i wanted to sell my superchip whats the best route there? ebay? or i could post it locally on craigslist i guess. what is the SES light? havent had any problems with that. iy would be nice to have something i could change on the fly. so why does the overhead gauge say 24? is there any way to correct this?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
i went to the dp tuner website and liked what i saw. looks very simple. only thing was i couldnt find a good comparison between the f-5 and the f-6. are the horsepower ratings different? what are the horsepower ratings?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58