Which chip?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
So shouldn't the larger tires have thrown off my speedo too. I know for a fact it is spot on.

I have 285/75/r16 also. The speedomoter is dead on as measured by several roadside radar signs.

The odometer reads about 2 to 3 miles lower than actual distance as measured by roadside mile markers, GPS, long string with knots tied in it etc.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Your calculation is still off becase your tires have a larger circumference than the OE.. your truck is actually getting about 17mpg because you're covering more ground than what your odometer is registering.

sorry, but this is confusing me. if im covering more ground than my odometer is registering, wouldnt that mean im getting more miles to the gallon? not saying your wrong JLDickmon, just trying to understand this. kinda feelin like an idiot here.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cancel the air raid intake and do the 6637 filter. Save your $$ :D

But deffinately get those gauges installed first thing.

Last edited:

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 6637 is a wix part number or a napa heavy equipment air filter that simply bolts onto your existing turbo inlet. Bout 50 bux almost anywhere but filter1.com is prolly the cheapest. Lots of air flow and good filtering. I run this on my heavy equipment ( which costs ALOT more than our trucks). And alot cheaper then those aftermarket intakes which to me are just redesigns of the OEM equipment. It sits out in the open under the hood but numerous tests have shown that there isn't really much temp diff under the hood than the outside air. After that filter added on and my 4" exhaust my EGT's have dropped tremendously. Even towing I now never see anything over 1000*. FWIW and IMHO.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
have heard good things about dp but havent spoken with them or used them i have used tony at total diesel performance (the other option mentioned) and he is always available to help and has awesome tunes he is located in ft worth tx as for that used chip sounds like its set up for a truck with custom tunes for stage two injectors and maybe various other things

worshiprocker

Not a Rookie
Reaction score
if you buy a used one you might have to get it reflashed with new tunes depending on what the truck setup was on the other truck. Definately get gauges first, also the john woods valve body does wonders especially when teamed up with the Dp x2 on the 6637 filter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58