Which chip?

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chip wise ide like one with a screen that can monitor all my engine parameters to not have to invest in gauges

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a bully dog triple dog power pup, the performance tunes are SICK but the eco/tow tune suck on mileage, I get better mileage with the "performance" tune.

Tunes:
1-Extreme--------SICK!!!
2-Performance----Fun but not too crazy (good daily tune to keep the truck together)
3-Tow/Eco--------Sucks mileage
4-Stock-----------Boring

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
I have the Bully Dog also, and I usually get about 16.5- 17 mpg in the city and around 19-19.5 on the highway if I drive nice and under 2000 RPM's 65-70 MPH. I run it on the performance mode everyday driving.Airaid intake,4" MBRP turbo back exhaust,Outlook monitor and Autometer EGT and Boost gauges. I also run Amsoil full synthetic for all fluids.The mileage is actual calculated I have a nav system w/ gps track for speed calc. I run 325/60 R18 ProComp Xtreme A/T's

Last edited:

NEokcTERROR

BREAKING STUFF !!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Your calculation is still off becase your tires have a larger circumference than the OE.. your truck is actually getting about 17mpg because you're covering more ground than what your odometer is registering.

sorry, but this is confusing me. if im covering more ground than my odometer is registering, wouldnt that mean im getting more miles to the gallon? not saying your wrong JLDickmon, just trying to understand this. kinda feelin like an idiot here.

You are correct Clint. Increasing the rollout on your tires will lower the displayed mileage on your odometer traveled below what the distance you have actually traveled. Translating to: yes your mpg would actually be higher than your math shows you.

If you are still considering a tuner with a data display the SCT livewire IMO is far better than the edge and much easier to see.

Let me know if you need to find a dealer who might help you out on pricing or take your superchips micro tuner in on a trade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58