Which CPS is Best

BWard

Auctioneer
Reaction score
I see alot about the CPS. I had mine replaced about 2 months ago.
My question is which CPS is Best?
The one in Daryls great write up at powerstrokeshop or the "blue" one from Black Cloud Diesel Performance. Or is there another one that is better?
I want to replace the one I have now, and put in the Best one.

Thank You,

BWard

Auctioneer
Reaction score
Black, is that the one Daryl has in his write up?
Thank you for such Fast responses.
This is an EXCELLANT site
Thank you,
Brian

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
team_penin said:
What testing are you refering to?
Jody Tipton did some testing on a customers truck a week ago or so now, results were pretty inconclusive that the Blue CPS had any positive effects. This info was posted over at TDS.

Tennessee Titan

Eddie Henson
Reaction score
BWard said:
I want to replace the one I have now, and put in the Best one.

If the one you got is only two months old, why replace it if it's working fine? I can understand wanting the "Best", but is there any hard evidence to truly say that one is better than the other? If so, I need a spare.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad someone finally did some testing. I was getting tired of reading that thread on TDS, so I quit reading it.

My personal opinion, before I go read that testing post, is to recommend the black one. (Factory CPS, ending in C93).

The reason I say that, is the "seat of pants" reports about running the blue CPS were almost identical to "seat of pants" reports about ppl install new black CPS's.

Because there is no PHYSICAL change to the location of the sensor, I had a hard time swallowing that there was any timing changes occuring.

Now Im off to find and read that test report.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We're due up to replace the CPS on our truck as it's showing signs of being on it's way out,we do have a new OEM sitting in the glovebox ready to install but the wife(Yes the Wife) wants me to pick up a Blue CPS' as she's been following the threads regarding it and has confidence of it's reading accuracy versus the stocker.

Side by side I don't know which would be best but longevity testing could take years and miles to verify.

Bill

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
another monkey in the wrench department.:D
on our 02 the cps went out, it got replaced by a NAPA one (echlin), never noticed any difference, wait there was a noticable refilling of said wallet by ford, to cover the replacement.

has anyone used an electrical test device to measure resistance or flux fields on a test bench to see if there are any real differences?

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being facetious, sarcastic, etc....in my opinion the best one and the one to be relied upon is the extra I carry in my glovebox. Mine hasn't failed and I read all the stuff regarding black vs. blue....my number one priority was to get one in my glovebox N-O-W!.....black, blue, whatever.

That's what I did and I highly recommend that course as so many other PSD owners have. We can all reach a consensus later on which is best.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14