Which flip chip?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I have a dieselsite six position. The 100hp blows a dark grey and runs very well. The extreme??? clatters for a few seconds when I hit, less after the wicked wheel, then blows black like a freight train. My previous experience was with the 2 program SCMT 1705. That had 60/80 and I ran 80 24/7. I have more power now and economy is the same. Twildman (tony) will be taking a look at my chip at the rally, and a ride if I can talk him into it, to see if he can reburn it, and if he thinks it will make a difference. I get 16-17 in town now, payin on occasion with a out of calibration speedo/odo because of my 285's. So I'm actually getting better than that since the odo is slow.

Last edited:

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that I probably can't go wrong with any of the above listed chips. Thanks for posting up guys. This place is a great resource made up of great members.

Bryan, I still have your funnel.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
The question is: Are you thru with it? Did you do a full tranny and convertor flush yet?

Ummm........no, but I can get 'er done on Friday. I suck.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
The longer you wait the worse the outcome:eek: It should be done long before you install a chip, and then you should have some savings or a open credit card waiting. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you should be ready. :sorry

2000 posts here​
:tounge :innocent :deal

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I know. I'll flush it on Friday, and the chip is a couple of weeks away. I don't like to hear the bad news, but I am prepared to deal with it, I think. Worst case, it'll be $4k for a BTS.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
2000 posts here​
:tounge :innocent :deal

Bryan,
SLACKER, only 2000:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
so now you are a memeber of the 2k club :bootyshak

bartman is your tranny slipping or just in need of a flush?

ours did the chatter chatter SLIP , buck buck chatter right before we traded it in, but we were pulling a bit...:D

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just needs a flush at this point (as far as I can tell,) but the fluid was pretty dark when we did the Sonnax. I'm thinking that Bryan is right, and that it'll go out soon after the chip. I guess I could get lucky that I am running the factory fill of tranny fluid and things will be ok, but I doubt that it'll turn out that way.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
bartman is your tranny slipping or just in need of a flush?

ours did the chatter chatter SLIP , buck buck chatter right before we traded it in, but we were pulling a bit...:D

He just purchased his truck a while back. I put the sonnax/tric in for him and lets just say the tranny fluid was not the correct color, and smelt well done. It drives fine from what he has told me, but the clutches have to have had some life taken out of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14