Which Fuel Would You Buy?

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to everybody.

About a month ago I finally started buying B100 for the truck. Runs good, no problems, helping to ease oil dependence.

My first fill was for 2.99 a gal, diesel was 2.89. Not a big difference.

Now diesel is down to 2.49 a gal. and B100 is still 2.99. Filling up with 30gal of diesel, I saved $15.

Not much, but a big difference.

Curious to see what you would have done, that's all.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I might go with a 50/50 blend. Splits the difference. I liked bio so much though I was willing to pay more.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
I would buy the cheeper fuel also, here in the eastern side of south dakota, B anything is not on every corner, I have found it 10 miles south of here but at 18 mpg, I'm not saving anything.
the good thing is that when they have a surplus of the B fuels, just like #2 the price goes down. and now that we are in the 30s at night, I just don't know that much about the B fuels to feel comfortable yet.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I drove 240 miles roundtrip for B100.:lmao But the supplier now only sells B20 which I can get locally. I filled up a couple of weeks ago for 20 cents more than #2. I'm setup to run B100 in my temp ranges and will again when it's available again no matter what the cost.

The way I look at it, I'm helping a farmer feed his family, and well...I'm from a farming family. I'm doing everything I can do to help biodiesel usage to spread.

BTW...one farmer feeds, on average, 50 people plus their own family. Eventually agribusiness classes will teach statistics on how many vehicles farmers fuel.:cool:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
dboyw said:
Curious to see what you would have done, that's all.

Well let's see now. B100 no matter the price supports American farmers. B20 gives 80% to the Arabs minus a small fraction to domestic production. :2c

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Well let's see now. B100 no matter the price supports American farmers. B20 gives 80% to the Arabs. :2c
I burn Alaska oil :D Comes out of the pipeline into the refinery then to the station and into my tank. No foreign oil for me. Like I said $15 is $15

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14