Question which gauge

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok folks. I've had my intake upgraded for years. I just got my exhaust upgraded. Now I'm thinking "chip or gauges...gauges or chip?" and have pretty much decided, well, both! :sly. Wildman? DP? :stir

I want gauges that have a black background like the rest of the truck, lit at night. There are so many brands / models it feels like shopping for cellular service... I'm looking at the Autometer Z-series, egt, tranny and boost.

The RPM outlet . com page quotes around $300 complete (3-pod A-pillar) including 2 LED backlights in blue/red/green. I'm thinking blue. 1600F EGT range, 35psi boost, 250F tranny temp.

Questions
1. other suggestions for gauge brand/model/vendor, and any experience with what I've tentatively picked?
2. I plan to use the bung tap on the new downpipe instead of drill/tap exhaust manifold, and add 200F to estimate peak EGT. Is that ok?
3. Do I really need boost for a basically stock truck that rarely pulls more than 8k-10k?

Thank you! ;tu

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Questions
1. other suggestions for gauge brand/model/vendor, and any experience with what I've tentatively picked?

2. I plan to use the bung tap on the new downpipe instead of drill/tap exhaust manifold, and add 200F to estimate peak EGT. Is that ok?

3. Do I really need boost for a basically stock truck that rarely pulls more than 8k-10k?

Thank you! ;tu

1. Look at dieselmanor.com for price comparison. IIRC there were some problems with RPM Outlet. I have white faced Isspro EV series electrical tranny, boost and pyro and Stewart Warner mechanical water and fuel temp (I run vegoil).

2.Most tap pre-turbo for a more accurate reeading. Sure it's OK but not optimally placed.

3.My boost gauge is the least needed of my five gauges

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I will get just pyro and tranny temp. I like the Diesel Manor site.

* Dipricol $355 + $46 (full sweep tranny guage) + $17 quick connector on t-couple. Ouch! $418

* Isspro EV $275 + $17 quick connector. $292

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58