Which is the horn wire?

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which wire under the dash is the horn wire, I'm trying to finish up my new toy?

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yellow with a green tracer. Take a look here at shadowgray's air horn installation. I actually used the wire under the passenger side battery tray to trip my relay and switch between stock and air.

Hope it helps.

Barrett

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yellow with a green tracer. Take a look here at shadowgray's air horn installation. I actually used the wire under the passenger side battery tray to trip my relay and switch between stock and air.

Hope it helps.

Barrett

agreed...pick up the "SIGNAL" for your RELAY off the horn.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
So if I pick up the signal off the horn instead of the the switch, when I flip my toggle on will it only sound the air horn instead of both at the same time? I'm using an upfitter switch for my toggle.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're gonna need another relay to do that. The upfitter switches are only single pole to the best of my knowledge. You're going to need a SPDT, single pole double throw. That way the horn signal can come in on the moving point, then the factor horn can continue on on the off side, and then the signal can be sent to your aux horn's relay when the switch is in the on position.

You follow what I'm saying? You'll need to splice your factory horn signal wire with the new relay in the middle. If you need clarification, let me know.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I splice in a on/on toggle (cant remember the techincal name) switch to select between air horn and regular. I had originall tapped in to the wire and it would sound both or just the stock. Sounded stupid to me. Sounds good now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14