Which one is Best,,,ScanGauge II or Edge CTS Monitor

frankmako

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am looking at adding gauges to my truck. Which one is better, the ScanGauge II or the Edge CTS Monitor? What I am looking for is ease of install,, plug and play. By looking at the pictures of each product it looks like the Edge has a bigger screen to read. Is it hard to see the read out on the ScanGauge?

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, :SDD

I don't have a gauge but wish I had a few. It's probably some of the best money you can spend on your truck.

What part of Tennessee you from?

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Edge Insight CTS a great tool, get the expandable probe so if you want to add more to it down the line
Edge Inisight CTS
Lot of guys get the ScanGaugeII to me not as good as the Edge because you can not use the pyro a must if you pull
ScanGauge - Trip Computer + Digitial Gauges + ScanTools
Yes both are plug and play but the Edge is simple to use and is a lot bigger like a TomTom or Garmin. I like it so well i'm going to get a splitter and run my older edge and the new CTS at the same time. You can add stuff to it down the line like a backup camera, turbo timer.
Insight CTS Monitor by Edge Products | Toy Hauler Adventures
Edge Products – CTS UPDATE: Turbo Timer Install | Toy Hauler Adventures
If you pull you will need a pyro and it is also a plug in just have to drill for the pyro also you should think about a fuel pressure gauge under 45lbs at WOT kills injectors and the list goes on.
2 stroker

TurboMustang370

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

I don't have either product you are referring to but I've had SCT's TSX for quite awhile and absolutely love it. Very easy to read screen, great layout and choices of gauges. Most importantly, tech support and service from SCT is excellent!

frankmako

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i went with the scangauge ii and the blendmount. works well and the mount looks like a factory install.

tommyboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,im new to this site....just received my Egde insight CTS monday,plugged it in and shes ready to rock!!Easy to read,has numerous options for screen layout and a number of PID's get monitored!!Ive seen the scan gauge in a buddys truck,from what i seen theres no comparison!!IMO!!

Odie1969

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought the edge insight cts and I love it already. Wish my truck was newer so it would have egt probe built in. But ease of use is just stupid simple. Plug it into your obdII port input your vin and the. Pick what display layout and what you want to monitor.

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the edge insight cts and I love it already. Wish my truck was newer so it would have egt probe built in. But ease of use is just stupid simple. Plug it into your obdII port input your vin and the. Pick what display layout and what you want to monitor.
You must be missing something any 6.0 can run the EGT pyro just need to drill the hole and plug into the Edge get the expandable to add stuff down the line. This is a must if you pull heavy even if you do not, need for cool down 350*-360* before you turn the key off.
After drilling it out i used a magnet with a paper clip with a L shape on the end clip taped to the magnet run in the hole to remove any steel then tap the hole going only half way with the tap so you do not over size the hole, do not use grease. (the steel is soft so be carefull) Take is slow.

3-Gauge Install Pictures
2 stroker

Odie1969

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm just missing the pryo probe. ($129) But I was told the newer trucks had probe from factory. So you will be able to monitor off the obdII port.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58