Which tires for me?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
What is the backspacing on the stock 2002 lariat wheel?

Im possibly looking at the Mickey Thompson classic II wheels. It says the backspacing for the 16x8 is 4 inches. The backspacing for the 16x10 is 4 7/16 inches. Im confused. Do i need more or less backspacing than my stock wheels in order to fit 315's?

saint08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love the Toyo MT's. They're the best tire I've had. They wear great, ride smooth and have a slight hum on the highway.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
i would love to get some toyo's but hate to look at the price tag for them in 315/75r16's. i think the cheapest i found was around $280 a tire. i found the Goodyear duratracs for $200 a tire, so i think im going with those. ill post up some pics when i get them.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribing to this one. Think I'll get rid of my aftermarket wheels and go back to stock for awhile.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, you know what I'm gonna tell you to do..
I'm not sure the Dura-Trac is the best choice.. I'm thinking a Silent Armor would give you better service.. Dura Tracs are kinda soft...

dpantazis

Reaction score
Silent Armour's rock like wagon wheel, or the wind and the rain.... JLD knows his chit!

i have been EXTREMELY happy with my hankook dynapro atm's... a few others here like them too.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
yeah, i think thats what im gonna put on my wife's pilot. ive heard and read that they are a great all around tire. i'm really looking for someting a little more suited for offroading. almost got stuck pulling someone out of a mudhole yesterday!!

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
from experience, let me tell you do NOT go with load range D. I have Yokohama Geolanders and did not realize I had bought range D until I started wondering why I now need new tires AGAIN after only 35k miles. I like the tires but it pisses me off to spend that much money for no reason other than being sold the incorrect load range. I have 285/75/16s. Next set I may drop to 275 or 265 if there is such a size. Cheaper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg