which turbo?

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
OK, I have narrowed it down to 4 turbo's. What are your guy's thoughts?

High Tech Turbo HTPS - $1375

Industrial Injection PHAT Stroker - $1340

Garret BB - $1550

Turbonetics TNT-11117 - $1250

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Actually I believe that is only 2 turbos.

TN, HTT, Phat Stroker are all the same from what I can tell. I believe Gillette Diesel even has a version of it. It first debut as the HTT.:dunno

If you aren't planning on injectors in the future I would go with the BB. The "other" bolt on turbo is getting good reviews now that TN has their name on it but before that it got some bad reviews.:dunno

If you want bigger injectors I'd save up and get a bigger turbo and mounting kit. TN is coming out with a kit, the H2E is a proven 450hp turbo.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Actually I believe that is only 2 turbos.

TN, HTT, Phat Stroker are all the same from what I can tell. I believe Gillette Diesel even has a version of it. It first debut as the HTT.:dunno

If you aren't planning on injectors in the future I would go with the BB. The "other" bolt on turbo is getting good reviews now that TN has their name on it but before that it got some bad reviews.:dunno

If you want bigger injectors I'd save up and get a bigger turbo and mounting kit. TN is coming out with a kit, the H2E is a proven 450hp turbo.

WHAT??? The 38r has been in many 450-500hp trucks, It works great with injectors... Rated for 40+ lbs of boost...Loved the spool of mine and the sound...

That is true about the TN turbo (which I am running right now). The TN spools slower then the BB, but I had issues with the BB surging, Garret is going thru it now... TN doesnt surge at all, once it lights HOLD on because it builds boost quick!

The H2e is great, so is the WOQS... but at $2000-$2600, unless your going for BIG Hp its not worth it...

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
OK, so if the TN, Indust. Inj, and the HTT are the same. Is there a better maker to go with. I don't plan on doing injectors, but maybe methanol later. I just basically want a faster spool and little or no turbo surge.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
WHAT??? The 38r has been in many 450-500hp trucks, It works great with injectors....... but I had issues with the BB surging, Garret is going thru it now...

It works yes, but if your stock injectored truck surged it's going to surge with more fuel. :dunno Prolly worse too. Some people have posted about that problem with injectors.

black_cloud_stroker00,

If you want faster spool go with the BB, and if you don't want surge go with a TN.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14