Whining front end

Buds007

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I tried searching this, and found a few cases of individuals who have a front end that whines at speed in 4x4.

Symptoms with the truck, the truck being a 6.0l 2005 250. When in 4x4 and after goosing it or accelerating quickly, the front end whines, when the throttle is taken off it stops, and it does not continue until the acceleration begins again. Only quick acceleration. Any ideas? 2 wheel drive is fine, no sound issues. No visible wear, haven't checked the ball joints yet but would love to have ideas ran by for things to check or people who have had the same issue before. Thanks for the help.
Brandon.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Transfer case is making noise in 4 wheel drive. Some vehicles make more noise than others. My Jeep screamed in 4 wheel drive.

Dave

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Mine makes noise when its in four wheel drive. Every 4x4 I have ever owned has had some type of drive line noise when you engage the four wheel drive. Like Dave said some are worse than others.

Buds007

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So the only under acceleration deal with it doesn't sound weird? I've heard plenty of jeeps whine like the dickens, and my old explorer whined when i went fast with 4x4 on. but this is only when on the gas, which is new to me.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
So the only under acceleration deal with it doesn't sound weird? I've heard plenty of jeeps whine like the dickens, and my old explorer whined when i went fast with 4x4 on. but this is only when on the gas, which is new to me.

Its probably just the cut of the gears in the T-case. I can climb into any one of our big trucks with the same tranny and all of them sound different.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14