White/Blue smoke on take off

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
White/Blue smoke on take off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe my truck started to smoke today.

I was on my way to my Fathers memorial service this morning (so not such a great day to begin with) and I stop at a light and go to take off and I see like a white/ blue smoke puff behind my truck and than nothing. I than stop at another light and again I go to take off but this time I look in the rear veiw and see it come out and clear up.

What do you think is going on???

Could it be an injector?

Thanks, Jeff

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, my truck does the same thing...but only when I'm in stock programming mode. When I load my street or tow tune, no smoke at take-off. Go figure.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
could be a multitude of issues. i had that problem for a long time. after most engine parts replaced; ie: turbos, egrs, injectors, egr cooler, sensors, harness's and a laundry list of other things it finally went away.

most likely culprit is egr cooler/injector.

ford still blames my issue on 'fuel'. stating i need to run 48+ cetane rating (which only seems to be found in the ford plant in detroit.....)

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to get her to the dealer tomorrow (I hope)

Another question; Can I drive it for a couple of days like this or is there going to be more damage done.

Everything looks good, Oil/ oil level, coolant/ coolant level.

Again Thanks everyone, Jeff

atk

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'm going to get her to the dealer tomorrow (I hope)

Another question; Can I drive it for a couple of days like this or is there going to be more damage done.

Everything looks good, Oil/ oil level, coolant/ coolant level.

Again Thanks everyone, Jeff

you should fine driving the truck...mine does it too, but only in the winter months on cold start-up...truck runs fine and everything checks out ok

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Called the dealer and they can't look at it until tomorrow and they said the same thing as long as all the levels are ok to go ahead and drive it.

Once I find out whats wrong I'll post their findings.

Again thanks for the replies, Jeff

woody17

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my truck did the same thing this weekend. now check your water level i bet its low. i just dropped my truck off at the dealer ship last nite. the problem is the egr cooler blowing coolant into the exhaust side.

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just checked the truck, the coolant lever is pretty normal but i did notice a few weeks ago that theres a white crust around the coolant tank. any more thoughts??

woody17

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just herd back from the dealer they ordered a egr cooler and i should have it by thursday, under load is when my water level realy went low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg