$$$ White Milk & Chocolate Milk $$$

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
OK, we have had a bunch of threads about the high prices of diesel fuel.

How about the high price white
milk.gif
and chocolate
chocmilk.gif
?

2 out of my 3 kids drink it like its goin out of style. My daughter drinks about 2 gallons a week and we go thru about 2 to 3 gallons of white milk a week for eating cereal, oats, etc.

I paid 4.08 for white & 4.73 for chocolate milk a gallon last night at Wally-World.

Maybe RoyBoy could shed some light on this since his Pa is in the dairy farm biz.
milk.jpg

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
LOL.......when my kids were little the wife would go to the store twice a month and buy 8 gals of milk at a time.

The cashiers would ask............"how many children do you have???" She would reply......."just two and they are thirsty." LOL

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Milk is not as healthy as most people think.

....and "Man", is the only species that Seeks and Consumes it After infancy. (why ?)

I don't drink it unless it is Absolutely required. Like; with a PBJ samich, Cookies or a Double/Double Chocolate Cup Cake.:) ;)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I gave up milk in coffee and don't eat sugary cereal...BUT gimme some chocolate ice cream and I'll be your best friend for life.

Stephen as long as the veggie oil is non hydrogenated I'll pick it up when you have at least 100 gallons. :lmao

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Wait for the price of bread to jump, its already doubled in the past couple of months but that will probably double again. It's related to the milk jump as well. Corn = Hog and Cattle feed, corn also = ethanol. The price per bu. for corn has gone through the roof so the farmers started producing corn instead of wheat. Now we have no surplus of wheat to make bread. For the past 30 years my father has sold wheat for on the average 3.00 to 3.50 bu at the local elevator, this year his wheat crop sold for $10.00 bu and since corn futures were high last spring he cut his wheat production in half in favor of corn. We are still paying farmers to let land lay idle (CRP) while we dont have enough surplus to meet our demands.

dpantazis

Reaction score
bama-

the dairy biz is a big scam. its another poor business model that lasted into this century. its almost as bad as the oil industry.

dairy farmers sell the milk by weight. iirc, its about $15/100#, or about about 1.80/gallon. Royboy can correct my pricing.

then the dairy strips the whole milk or all the cream butter fat.

they then sell us the butter at $4/lb. the milk, devoid of its goodness at $3.50/gal. then throw in the boutique creameries that package it in glass bottles, etc... and its sickening!

dp

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
My dad went into the Dairy business just last year.

Ya ever had fresh milk that is unpasteurized?

OMG, it is good stuff :D

Plus it is all organic too :D

He has been trading hay and other things for it since he can't LEGALLY sell it right now ;)

ON EDIT: If ya around the FERRIS, TEXAS area (close to ENNIS, TEXAS), and want some, let me know and I will give you his contact info ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14