White smoke in the morning but.....

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
it's not that good thick white cloud of unburnt fuel, more like a gasser when it's cold, that vaprory (new word) stuff, goes away after a couple of minutes of driving.

I think it's normal just want to make sure.

Thanks

Reaction score
Mine does that some days. Can't say when it does it - i.e. cold, etc - but I don't notice it whenever I use the block heater.

Ron

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
thanks gang, I thought it was just water vapor but wanted to make sure.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
mine does it too

it also does it in the 7.3

so i guess it just does it in every diesel?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep... steam... until the exhaust gets hot enough all the way back, you're going to see it back there. Now if you drive a mile down the road and you can still see a cloud as if you did a burn out, then I'd say you have a problem.

All combustion processes make water. It's just a function of if we can see it or not.:thumbs

partz

In GOD I Trust!
Reaction score
Yup, Mine does the same on COLD mornings, Which in Phoenix, AZ we don't have many................

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this also, along with the bluish smoke on first starts. Did it since first oil change. Of course we won't know what warm is until April! :rolleyes:

Barrett

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
sounds like condensation
cold humid nights, it doesnt get humid in altlanta ??? :D
i get it every now and then, but me being lazy ... I start the truck from in the house and let the idle UP kick in for a few so its nice and warm for backsides:D

oh and thanks i looked at the pic of your dash to answer one of my questions on another post:thumbs

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Plugged in last night and little to no smoke this am so I quess all is well under the hood :thumbs

Barrett it's not that cold there is it :roflmao I was in West Yellowstone 2 weeks ago, loved every minute of it. We did visit Island Park ID for a day running thru the Targhee NF. Man what a trip..

Robert, uhhhh glad my pic helped out :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg