White smoke untill warm???

bmoyce

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hera as many details as i can think of... Start the truck, let the slighly rough idle (that has been there since new) smoth out, 15 secs or so. Drive away. Every thing is fine till I get up in the gears then let out of it(like coasting to a stop light.) then it will POUR with smoke out while its coming back down to idle. I can quickly twitch the throttle and clear it out.
It will do this two or three times till its warm then its fine. The truck has an AFE intake, Superchips programer, and no "kitty" 3.5 exhuast. Still hauls A!@ and shows no other signs of trouble.

P.S. it got a new lift pump about 6 months ago, recent oil change and two new fuel filters. When I'm nice I can still touch 18 mpg with 37s. Everthing is fine except for this smoke thing. Cant aford to break anything right now.

Any suggestions???

blowinsmoke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
check your head gaskets for leaks, coolant may be getting into your cylinders. or maybe your turbo may be crapping out on you

DR.BMW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
smoke white on start up. some times

are you adding coolant to the cooling system. note my f350. 05 6.0 is doing the same thing. but the truck runs good. and will not use coolant

bmoyce

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It does leak a little water from one on the fittings. It is very difficult to see exactly where its coming from. Its a very slow leak...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg