White smoke when running?

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I want to say that I fixed the smoke with a fuel filter change, it was very dirty. But I was a little curious why it was smoking? I hadn't noticed any smoke until this morning, when I smelled something a little funny driving to work. I noticed the smoke on the intertate when someone got on my ass. I could see it in their headlights. By the time I got to work I was leaving clouds of smoke down the main drag (it was getting light by then). I didn't notice anything wrong looking at all my gauges, and the power seemed fine, though I wasn't loaded. I tried smelling the smoke, and it smelled a little like burning oil, but not really. It wasn't antifreeze for sure.

Did it smoke because the HPOP was starving for fuel, and not getting high enough pressure thus not atomizing the fuel enough and enough wasn't burning? It didn't set the service engine soon light or anything??? Thanks for the input!

Bill

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
fuel is always black smoke. i would be weary of the head gasket.. check your dip stick for any green , and make sure that coolant catch can is at the same level. i just blew a head gasket couple weeks ago so the motors in the garage and its striped down...

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't smoking anymore, egt's never changed, neither did the coolant temp. I will keep an eye on the tank though. I've had blown head gaskets on other vehicles, and the smell of antifreeze on the exhaust is unmistakable!

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg