White smoke when starting in cold

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I plug it in a usually starts pretty easy, but this last weekend I left the truck sit from friday to sunday. Plugged it in saturday night and sunday morning it still started super hard had to turn it off and on about 5 times before if barely started. Then last night I plugged it in and it fired right up this morning. Although yesterday on my lunch break, after sitting 6 hours without being plugged in it hardly started.

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is plenty of threads on how to check the glow plug relay, check WIKI above, also there should be a thread to check glow plugs while still in truck by just pulling the plug, no dis-assembly required of the engine. If it is your GP relay I suggest one from Mouser's, the STANCOR DC relay click HERE to go to the page, I got one and it is SUPER no more worries from the crappy NAPA, ADVANCE AUTO or such, and it is cheaper and more durable than the OEM or any other aftermarket one. Ask anyone here who has one, they should NEVER have to replace the relay again unlike the ones from stealership or auto parts store which only last about one season. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg