Who all has lost their job?

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Yep this sucks, a week ago the boss pulled me in his office and said sorry your position has been terminated, me and 8 other people in the company are gone, talk about gettin blind sided :dizzy. Nobody saw this coming either.:rant

Haha on the bright side i got some time to work on the truck now, BUT no money to buy parts

P.S.
hi all been a while since i've posted and ive done some new stuff to the truck (in my sig) , i'll try to get some pics up
Neal

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hate to hear that Neal.

I had to let my brother-in-law go about 3 weeks ago. Just didn't have enough work to justify keeping him. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I got layed off last Oct which was rather normal at the RV dealer I worked for. They typically closed for about 3 to 4 months over the winter.

But when I was expecting to get a call back this spring about 1 March, instead I got a dear Kent letter. So I totally understand about the being blindsided thing. My ex-employer has a history of laying folks off in the fall, letting them think all winter that they had jobs come spring, only to not call them back when the snow starts melting. These aren't down sizing moves either. They're "the manager don't like you", get rid of you moves. Several very good people were let go that way. Good people frequently have little tolerance for losers. The manager is beginning to prove to be the real problem. Only now are the owners starting to see that. For quite a while, we suspected he had a bit of a drinking problem. About a month ago he got arrested for a 2 am Sunday morning hit & run accident on a parked car. He then hid his car on the RV lot between some big campers. An "anonymous" tip led the police to his car after they had been looking for it for over 24 hours. I suspect he left the scene of the accident because he knew he wouldn't pass the breathalizer. Anyhow, so much for the side tracked babble.

I feel for you, unless you have another income, unemployment benefits don't really pay the bills. I guess I'm rather lucky since I have a military pension and the wife works as a RN. In fact, I'm better off on unemployment than I was working at the RV store.
(RV paycheck) - (commuting costs) < (unemployment paycheck)

I don't like being on unemployment. But it hasn't hurt my post count however. :lmao:lmao

Getting layed off sort of forced my hand into making a decision I should have made many years ago. I'm going back to school beginning in August. The state is going to pay for most of it. My biggest out of pocket expense looks like it will be for tools, which I am in the process of acquiring now. I've tried about three different jobs since I retired from the Air Force, none of them working out as I'd hoped. I'm at the age where I had to make a hard choice since I'm not getting any younger. I hope you find something that works out good for you.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Hey Neal, Im in the same boat. Been off since first week of March. For me, however, it was a good thing as the partner I worked for was a raging dickwad. I've been looking hard ever since and am only just now getting interviews lined up. Despite the obvious money concerns, take advantage of the time and spend it with family/friends. It isn't often, fortunately, that you get an extended "vacation" but I sure have enjoyed spending quality time with my children. Something will come along. Good luck to you.

nmu1974

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs a good "Playcation" every once in while. Too bad you didn't work for that bank in Spain - they gave a 5 year vacation @ 30 percent pay to save money.

chris o.

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about starting this topic, but didnt want to bring it up...

im in that boat since dec.! i saw it coming for a long time tho. company getting smaller and smaller. laying people off by seniority.

its no good out here! las vegas is hurt pretty bad.

it will pic up!:notworthy

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yep this sucks, a week ago the boss pulled me in his office and said sorry your position has been terminated, me and 8 other people in the company are gone, talk about gettin blind sided :dizzy. Nobody saw this coming either.:rant

Haha on the bright side i got some time to work on the truck now, BUT no money to buy parts

P.S.
hi all been a while since i've posted and ive done some new stuff to the truck (in my sig) , i'll try to get some pics up
Neal
Sorry to hear this Neal, do you have any prospects lined up?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
hell.. I wish they would..
I could use the time off..

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
i have some places in mind headin out tomarrow puttin some apps. in.

One a good note i got the 6.0 intercooler in the truck the other day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14