Who all tows a boat with there PowerStroke

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Here is SteveBaz's new King Fisher hooked up behind his 1996 PowerStroke Diesel.

get-attachment.asp
WOW!!!!!!!! What a boat!!!!

MudHog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I pull the following (at different times)

1. FishMaster 1960 - 19' fiberglass bayboat with a 130 Johnson Ocean Pro
2. Homemade 14' Flat - 14' aluminum flat btm. duck boat with a 50HP Mercury
3. Homemade 16' Vee - 16' Freshwater aluminum fishing boat with a mod'd 115 Evinrude
4. Thunderbird 18' - 18' fiberglass Tri-Hull with a 115 Evinrude
5. Soon to get a 13' Gheenoe witha 9.9HP Mercury

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Take it off and put a Merc on?:dunno

Heck yeah!! LOL!! Athough the new Etec is supposed to be the fo' shizzle! But I agree, if its not black it doesnt go in my ride!

MudHog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Motor got burnt up on a mud flat. Went to the mechanic and put in a nice oversized piston and a little extra compression. Oil injection has been unplugged and running premix fuel straight in the tank.

Let's just say that I cam trim up and get the 16' semi-vee out the water on a holeshot. Punch it, start trimming down and hold onto your seat.

Has anybody been to any drag boat races? Part of the circuit comes in my area and there is some serious mofo'n mercs. These motor have so much torque that I'm told that upon taking off at the starting line, the prop will actually cut a void in the water and leave a hole before the water fills back in. Yall might not believe this, but just about every boat that races from stock to pro mod, uses a cable and pulley steering. I'd say only 2% of the race boats have a hydro steering setup.

On Edit: Speaking of Mercury, my 14' flat with the Mercury 50.... it's a 1980 model motor and is a die-hard outboard. Blue strip engine cover and the "Thunderbolt Ignition" system. Turnkey motor of it's time. Pushed my 14' flat with 4 guys, one dog, 9 dozen decoys, 12 gallons of fuel and all our other misc. gear at a 22 mph. Take two guys out and I can get up to 28 mph. Now put my by myself and I top out at 31. Manual trim so I can't cheat a little on the trimming.

My next boat purchase (other than a World Cat) will be a 13' Gheenoe. Plan to put a 6HP Go-Devil or a 3-6HP outboard on it. Will be my duck hunting boat and hauled by the 14' flat.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14