Who? Me?????????

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI, my name is Barrett. I'm 40 years old, 5' 9", 145#, have green eyes, and curly black hair. I like long moonlit walks on the beach..... Oh, wait, this isn’t E-harmony.com! :doh:

Ahem,

Hi, my name as you can guess is Barrett. I reside in the great state of Idaho, in the metropolis of Jerome. (Everyone, off the floor, stop laughing). :roflmao

As most know, I am a Licensed Architect and hands on Builder. I have been married to Rachel (Dieselmom) for 11 years and we have 1 son and 2 twin daughters. I worked for a General Contractor for 8 years before finishing college with my Architecture degree. I worked in this field for 11 years for another individuals firm, and January 1 of 2005, decided it was time to move on and start my own Firm. (We won’t go into it; most of you remember my posts at the other place last year I assume). My firm (3 employees; me, myself and I but I has been goofing off so I might have to fire him :rolleyes: ) does not specialize in any part of the field, so I do Commercial, Industrial and Residential. The move has proven to be one of the best decisions I have ever made, (next to marrying Rachel). I completed 26 projects in my first year of business. This allowed us to buy our 1st Travel Trailer and replace Rachel’s 01 Excursion with a new 05 Excursion last June, so we could have the last of the best SUV known to man. :sweet

The new Ex is our 3rd Powerstroke. We started getting diesel in our blood with Rachel’s 2001 Limited Excursion, (upgraded from a 98 Expedition). I myself have always wanted and needed a truck, but the vehicle for my family had to come first. I wanted my family in the biggest and safest vehicle I could find, (the 7.3 was just a plus). I finally had an opportunity to get myself one and the 03 6.0 was ordered and the rest is history (as was my wallet :sorry ). We really have loved our trucks, (mine mostly as you can see by my silly sig). My P.S.D.M. addiction resides on several levels of my psyche (i.e. most think I’m nuts and need help). :roflmao And, my favorite mod beverage is Coors Light (amazingly most everything does get installed straight)! :eek: (My other rides consist of a 1971 Trans Am :sweet , 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500, and 59 Jeep Wagon).

I have enjoyed conversing with everyone here and learning from everyone also. :thanks This site has grown into a great place to be, and I look forward to it growing more as we all get the word out further. I also look forward to meeting you at some of the Rallys if I can finally get to some. Enjoy! -popcorn

Again, very nice to meet you all. :)

Barrett

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Barrett,

Nice intro and so glad to hear how well the transition from working for "the man" to running your own shop has worked out for you. I remember you lamenting over the decision heavily. Thanks for supporting our site!

Mike

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
:woo :woo
Barret
outstanding to meet you, I am so glad to see some more AGED psd nuts here
us over 40 crowd (old people doing stuff) are making a come back:thumbs

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.

powerboatr said:
:woo :woo
Barret
outstanding to meet you, I am so glad to see some more AGED psd nuts here
us over 40 crowd (old people doing stuff) are making a come back:thumbs

Yea, might take us a little longer to get under our trucks, but we get the job done. :sweet

Barrett

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
thanks
I had a set of mast light under my 02, with red lenses looked real cool
been toyig with putting them on teh tow boss
i have them HUGE surfboard running boards with plenty of places to lay in some nice LEDs
that x LOOKS great
i like that color we looked at a KR that color ....:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58