Who Will Be The First SDD Member To Get A 2008?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda prefer it too...but i WONDER...would it look better if they
hadnt put that freekin' ORANGE reflector inbetween the lights !?!

cripes all these years (since 99) theyve SLOWLY been moving
toward jewel'd lights & clear signals...and then they take 10steps
back w/ the turnsignals/reflectors in one NEW model year !

sheesh ! i KNOW theyve been thru this before...and i KNOW they have
seen ORANGE bulbs (instead of using white bulbs and orange lens')

some one photoshop that orange out & lets see what it looks like !?!

Roland_Jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Ford coming out with a new motor. It will gives those that missed getting screwed on the first year 6.0 another opportunity :)

Based strictly on the engine, if I were going to buy a new truck in 2008 it would be a Dodge.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roland_Jenkins said:
Based strictly on the engine, if I were going to buy a new truck in 2008 it would be a Dodge.
Roland, I heard an interview yesterday on the radio that Jerry Reynolds (The Car Guy Show on WBAP 820 AM) had with the chief engineer of the SuperDuty. Jerry asked him a great question at the end: With all the problems that Ford had with the 6.0 would people want to buy this one now or wait for a year or so? He told Jerry that they have done approximately TEN MILLION miles of testing on this engine. He said that Ford was definitely aware of the previous issues on the 6.0 and said they had to get it right on this one. Of course, "time will tell".

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Just my opinion the 6.4 should be perfect. The 6.0 added alot more extra components over the 7.3. The first year was bad for the 6.0 because they had no idea how the components would react. The next 3 years of the 6.0 were on the great side. The 6.4 is a little more advanced than the 6.0 but they know all about the problems and all is :sweet hell even doo some :burnit on the test drives :D

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
also to bush
you know how they usually do little upgrades each year to the grille? I bet within a few years the headlights will be all clear with some other grill design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58