Why am I killing fuel pumps

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Howdy All,
Going on my third fuel pump in less than 2 years! They have come from International, Ford, and Advanced (I think...anyway an Autoparts store). Any ideas? Everything I have done to the truck is listed in my signature, the only thing different is I am now up to 315K miles and on our way back home from Fl, yesterday I was going alot faster than I normally push the truck. Normally run 70 - 75, yesterday 80 - 85 (wanted to get home) on average.
Thanks,
Craig

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
stuff in the tank maybe???
I am pretty religious about checking my fuel filter because of running B100 and have not had the problems some experienced using it (B100). Is there another "prefilter" I should put on the truck and if so any suggestions.
Thanks,
Craig

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
What part of the pump is going? The high pressure side is post filter, but the lift side gets unfiltered fuel. If you're getting alot of crud from the tank and the lift side is what is going, I'd thro a pre-filter in of some kind.

FWIW the pump on the truck when I got it looked pretty old, and I've put another 105k miles on it. Not sure why some last longer than others...

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Whats your FPR set at?
Hi 95',
This is a multi part question for you or anyone else who wants to chime in:
How do I check to see what my FPR (Fuel pressure regulator...correct?) is set at?
What should it be set at?
How do I adjust it if it is at the wrong pressure?
Hi Joat
I don't know enough about the low and hi pressure sides to answer your question. The fuel pumps had fuel coming out of the weep hole. The FPR hasn't been shimmed by me, I don't know what the previous owner did (95 - 98) (me:98 - current), but given the lack of anything done to the truck I am going to assume that there is no shim in it.
As always thanks for the info and help.
Have a good one,
Craig

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14