Why do you love your Powerstroke?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, Mrs TG and I went camping this past weekend.

On the way there, I was stuck behind another RV trailer being pulled by a pickup. After several miles of not being able to get around him, we came to a passing lane. Since it started at the bottom of an uphill grade, maybe calling it a truck passing lane would be more accurate.

Anyhow, as the one lane turned into two, I get into the left passing lane and give it a little bit of right foot pressure. Without even downshifting out of O/D, I pick up speed as I go up the hill. The amount of go pedal I give it limitied by keeping the needle on the EGT gauge <1200*. As I get along side, I see it's a GM 1/2 ton gasser pulling a smaller trailer than mine. He's clearly struggling to get to the top without loosing too much steam. By the time we get to the top of the hill, I'm a good 30 vehicle lengths ahead of him and pulling away. :D:D

That's why I love my truck!!!!

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
gotta love that video>>>>well i love just about everything about the superduties ive had my 2000 is still going strong and with a few mods the 05 is great i guess the best thing is both of these trucks with exhaust sound awesome i really dnt understand why anyone would want their truck tosound like a dodge sounds :dunno

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first Powerstroke and I am really liking it. I have been wanting a diesel again since I traded in my 01 Dodge Cummins 2 years ago. At the time I couldn't afford a diesel so I went with a 1/2 ton hemi. Huge mistake. I finally had enough of the gasser and started shopping around. I didn't like how little room there is in the back of the Dodge quad cab and the mega cab is just hideous so Dodge was out. That left Ford and GM and GM uses IFS on its truck so that eliminated GM. That only left Ford and I haven't found any reason to regret the purchase (except the payment of course).

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats not to love, i have all the room of a motor home, better fuel milage than a gasser and more than enough power to hurt most peoples fealings .. plus, as long as you have a powerstroke you will not have a problem finding a girl ... thats why i love my powerstroke

nmu1974

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Noth'in sounds like a 7.3, plus my Excursion has it's own zip code. It P.O's the tree huggers around here.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Pete, the polite thing to do is wave:lmao:lmao great video!

TG you gotta love the pulling away while pulling power...

I love my superduty because its mine... the sound.. the look.. the feel.. all mine :D not to mention our trucks have the "turn their head" effect on people.. when you go whistling by most people will "turn their head" and look thinking man that is nice truck :thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
How much do I love my Powerstroke..................Let me count the ways!
AF-015.jpg

It's cool when you can see others talking about your truck, maybe you can't hear them, but you can read their lips when they say, "Man, look at that truck, that thing is bad!"

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pete, the polite thing to do is wave:lmao:lmao great video!

TG you gotta love the pulling away while pulling power...

I love my superduty because its mine... the sound.. the look.. the feel.. all mine :D not to mention our trucks have the "turn their head" effect on people.. when you go whistling by most people will "turn their head" and look thinking man that is nice truck :thumbs

Everything He said is so true.;tu;tu;tu:clap::clap:
Doug

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because everyone I know and my entire family wants to drive it and get mad when I say no . :D.........plus the head turning thing is a HUGE plus !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14