Why I love my truck

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Today was a lousy day, had to run to the nearest big town to go to Home Depot. The store had NOTHING I needed in stock. Sixty mile round trip. On the way back, I was merging back onto the state highway when this annoying woman driving some little econo :censored:box blocks the way onto the highway. When I slowed down, she slowed down. When I sped up, she sped up.

Seeing the merge lane rapidly dwindling and the woman's unwillingness to let me merge left me no choice.

I stomped on the go pedal and waited for the magic to happen. In seconds, the turbo kicked in, a cloud of black diesel smoke that would make a big rig driver smile billowed over the hood of Ms. Obnoxious' little ride, and the Beast lunged forward like she had been hit with a cattle prod. I finally made the merge with only feet left in the merge lane.

What the :censored: woman's agenda was, I don't know. But she made a point of showing her displeasure when she passed me down the road by showing me her favorite bird.

I just showed off my dental work and let her have the little victory of passing the big evil 4x4 diesel crew cab pickup. It almost made the necessary 130 mile round trip to the bigger town farther a pleasure.

Almost. But it made me feel better for a couple of hours. :D:

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's nothing like making some idiot eat some diesel smoke to make the day seem better.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
When will these rice rocket owners realize not to mess with diesel pickups?
Stupid is as stupid does.

Stephen great reply! ;tu

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big ol' diesel truck-2, piece of crap econobox-0. I say 2 because I caused a girl in a prius to roll up her window at a stop light. Then just to rub it in, I rolled some diesel smoke over the hood. I think that made my point.:sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Freeway signs should say:

For the Thru Traffic ? BLENDING TRAFFIC AHEAD

For the On Ramp Traffic? BLEND

I Really, Honestly don't think most drivers these dayz know, or understand.. what the word >MERGE< means.

I LOVE my truck for that.

Seems most read the word MERGE, but interpret it to mean NUDGE..... Like: NUDGE the on ramp folks to the shoulder or the ditch.... or NUDGE the thru traffic into another lane, make'm speed up or make'm slam on their brakes.. by NUDGING yer way in or through.

I chooze the "Speed Up" (Launching actually) method... Cuz my truck can make SMOKE (to help them remember the encounter)

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems as though when there's a sign that says "Left (or right) lane closed 1 mile ahead", everyone would be smart enough to start moving over, but NO, they wait till the last minute, like Richard's situation, then get ticked because someone cuts them off. Many times, I have changed lanes when I first saw a sign, and didn't have any problems other than with other drivers trying to squeeze in. I guess you have to quote Ron White when he says "You can't fix stupid!".

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems as though when there's a sign that says "Left (or right) lane closed 1 mile ahead", everyone would be smart enough to start moving over, but NO, they wait till the last minute.

Had one of them.. this AM.. GREAT outcome, I thought:

Half mile long "Cone Zone". Left lane closed ahead. I'm behind a set of doubles in the right lane.

Little red "Yugo Type", driver on the Cell Phone... passes.. runs outa "Nudge" room.... hadta Eat, Mow & Bowl through about 20 Cones (kinda Bowling Alley like for a few Seconds:D).

Looked in the L Rear View... She got'r stopped in the closed lane.. Trapped there.... due to traffic and cones wedged underneath.

30 minutes later, I'm headed home... She and the CHP were discussing things while the trooper was writing something. And a Wrecker was standing by.

I thought to myself: ;tu Yeesss ;tu.. as I Beeped

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonderful stories gentlemen! Always enjoy hearing about smoking out the rice burners and the ones who don't know how to drive. :clap::clap::clap:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58