Question Why should I get a better HPOP and whose should I buy?

Reaction score
I have heard that the next upgrade I should perform on my truck is a better high pressure oil pump. Why is this a wise purchase and who should I buy one through? Also, what does the HPOP have to do with my fuel system? Are there any other upgrades I should perform with the installation of a new HPOP? :dunno

Here is what I have so far:

• BDP fuel system upgrade
• Banks intercooler
• DP Tuner
• 3” downpipe
• 4” Open exhaust
• Stage one BDP injectors

That is all I can remember right now. Anyhoo, fire way.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
With the chip and modified injectors you are calling for a longer stroke on the piston inside the injector, this piston is driven by high pressure oil (HPO) which is generated by your high pressure oil pump (HPOP). Your stock HPOP is good for "X" gph at "X" psi. Generally speaking the pump will hang with stock injectors, a chip or mildly modded injectors and a chip IF all things are in good order such as the IPR valve and injector orings etc etc.... What happens is you begin to lose PSI to maintain the required volume of oil to drive your injectors. When you lose the PSI then you lose FUEL atomization capability and that will equate to a poor combustion chamber burn which will make you look at other peoples tail lights a lot more than you want to.

Reaction score
That is what I am going through now. This truck should have a lot more power than it does. When I stand on it, all I get is enough smoke to black out eight lanes of atlanta highway and no real power.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
whose should I buy?
You know that is a good question. Seems as thought the ones that were suppose to be the best just keep getting set back. Bob Riley at DieselSite is having problems with his part suppliers not manufacturing parts up to his standards so he will not release the Pulse HPOP until they do. Stealth Pumps have once again set back there release date to Feb 09' but don't give a reason why. What other options are there?

Reaction score
The Terminator seems to be a good one. But the cost is so much higher than the others. I thought the new Stealth was set to come out in three weeks.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I thought the new Stealth was set to come out in three weeks.
It was but not anymore:
Stealth Pumps said:
We wanted to keep you up to date on what's going on with our Stealth Pumps. We will be releasing the Stage I Stealth Pumps in mid February. We had to push back the date a little to test some last minute changes. When we release these pumps we will have concluded an extensive mileage and hour testing program. Our Stage II pumps will be released towards the end of February.
Thats eight months away unless they are talking about last feb and are now five months late. BDP does say "Pre Orders are being taken now" so maybe? There is the Stage III "Our Stage III pump will be released to the public sometime this spring. Remember that the Stage III is only for competition and not recommended for street applications."

dpantazis

Reaction score
so what you are saying really is that the misses is driving your truck now that you are at work, she knows how much you have spent on toys for your truck, and that SHE is disappointed with the performance?

i would get on diesel site's waiting list. bob is a stand up guy and the quality of his stuff is top notch...

dp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58