Why the difference in $$$

triplethreat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking on ford.com and looking at a XLT F-250 and a XLT Excursion it shows about a $6k difference :eek: are you really charging that much to have the back covered up. Seems like an awfull lot when you could get a cap for about a grand. Is there any other reason that an X would be so much more money than the 250 when setup simiaraly. now maybe i'm missing something here but it just doesn't seem right.

Dan

Max Power

Reaction score
I'm just guessing but it probably costs more to manufacturer due to lower sales #'s. Also the extra row of seats would be worth a pretty good chunk of change as well.

I still think 6k is a lot. They charge it because they can. :)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Might be due to the spare is inside rather than underneath,third row seating,44 gallon fuel capacity,rear DVD entertainment system,rear window wiper and most of all having the Excursion nameplate :sweet

At the time we priced our 2002 a few years back it was identical in pricing to a F350 crewcab 4x4 XLT with near the same bells and whistles including a Glasstite cap,maybe Ford's just trying to milk the cow more with the X while it's around -popcorn

Bill

triplethreat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swany said:
if it makes you feel better, just throw a cap on back and sawzall the wall :thumbs

i don't think sawzalling (is that a word?) my new truck would make me feel better. matter of fact it might make me cry. :(

Dan

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well considering that taking a factory f350 in the early 90's and converting the rear to a bronco like mine is done ran a sticker price of about 15k though that does include a new vehicle and a completely redone interior but it sounds about right when you thinka bout what the extra row of seats and extra a/c unit and all of the specialized interoir pieces cost sounds about right.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BJS said:
well considering that taking a factory f350 in the early 90's and converting the rear to a bronco like mine is done ran a sticker price of about 15k though that does include a new vehicle and a completely redone interior but it sounds about right when you thinka bout what the extra row of seats and extra a/c unit and all of the specialized interoir pieces cost sounds about right.
For the size of the Excursion's interior they should have at least installed a second compressor for the rear evaporator unit and insulated the cold charge lines abit better but that's a couple of my peeves regarding the soft AC system -popcorn

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm still running on the single compressor and am surprised at the result that even w/ 100° outside I can get the inside down to a chilly 60 but only if I'm moving there isn't enough airflow through the radiator until the fan clutch engages if I'm sitting still to run both a/c units @ full power. I can't really commment on the insulation of the lines I can't say I've noticed condensation on them (under the truck) but I've never really crawled up under that side after I've been cruising down the road w/ the a/c on :dunno

Right now I'm trying to figure out an engine problem which I think is injectors and I'm broke so I'm trying to figure out how to afford some of bean's injectors to fix the problem.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Gotta pay for all that extra sound deadning material also, that $50 worth of extra padding has got to add an extra $1,000 at least, plus the softer springs, "Special" shocks, and the oversized bump stops, that all adds up also. :p
When I was shopping for mine, used prices on the X's were running the same or a little more than the F250's and about even with the F350's with the same options.

rch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here but have been reading for a while. I think when all the Excursion discounts are factored in, the F-250 Crew and the Ex are close to the same price out the door?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg