Wicked Wheel Quick ?

BrandonS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm continuing research into the 9.3s as I plan to buy one. I've been reading about power enhancements some and I saw the whicked wheel mentioned a few times.

I had a project car before I put a s/c on and was originally planning a turbo. In all my research I was always told not to rebuild turbos because they are balanced at the high RPMs at which they operate. How does putting on a new compressor not wheel require rebalancing of the turbo?

Just wondering. I mean people have ran it for years, so obviously it works; but baffles me.

Last edited:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kinda baffles me too! You would think a new comp wheel would throw it out of balance alot but lots of people do it and never seem to have any problems. :dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
The shop that rebuilds our irrigation and tractor engine turbos balances them. They told me the wheels are balanced separately from the shaft.

So as long as your new wheel has notches on the edge from balancing you should be ok. Also I would pull the turbo, remove the exhaust housing and clamp the end of the shaft in a vice with the shaft upright to loosen the wheel. This requires two people and will eliminate and tweaking to the thrust. THat's my opinion but many have done wheel changes with the turbo on with no problems.

BrandonS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think about the wheel coming balanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14