Wicked Wheel

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Just looking for a good place to get a WW. Is the turbo upgade wheel the same as the WW, and are they the same as the pre 99 wheels. If anybody can recommend a good sorce and price it would be appreciated. I'm almost done with the ccv mod and need to fix my surge next.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
Just looking for a good place to get a WW. Is the turbo upgade wheel the same as the WW, and are they the same as the pre 99 wheels. If anybody can recommend a good sorce and price it would be appreciated. I'm almost done with the ccv mod and need to fix my surge next.

Give Dave or Jeff a try @ www.dieselpowerproducts.com. JMO but, I'd look into a TAG (Turbo Air Guide). I'v got a W/Wheel and both TAGs on my 2K... Really happy with the whole combo. As I understand it, the WW is a pre-99 wheel... but there is some disagreement on that, at times. whatever it is, it sure works.

:dunno

JOE

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
just curious has anyone priced a turbo wheel from ford for a early 99? and will this wheel (factory early 99) fit on our (99.5 style) turbo's? i might have to get on the horn this afternoon and find out.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
I have had great customer service from Bob at Dieselsite

He is very knowledgeable about the WW.
I am not sure but I think the Wicked Wheel trade mark belongs to Bob at Dieselsite. I bought one from a local dealer and it is in a Dieselsite box. I believe it is another one of those Dieselsite exclusive items like the 203º thermostat for the later model trucks. He does sell to other dealers so you can get it wherever you want. I bought mine from Norther Diesel Performance. They charged me $81 with pedestal o-rings and shipping. I see they are $69 from Bob but I don't what he charges for o-rings or shipping.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I've been looking around at the the different trade mark names for what seems like the same type of wheel. The only difference I have noticed was small half moon cut outs on the base of some of the wheels between the blades. :dunno Does anybody know why they are there? I'm sure any of them will help my surge but I only want to do this once.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
I've been looking around at the the different trade mark names for what seems like the same type of wheel. The only difference I have noticed was small half moon cut outs on the base of some of the wheels between the blades. :dunno Does anybody know why they are there? I'm sure any of them will help my surge but I only want to do this once.
The cut outs should be from the factory balancing procedures :cowboy:

I also have the Wicked Wheel I purchased from Bob Riley "Dieselsite" a near three years ago,same great performance today as it was first installed :sweet

Bill

Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
The cut outs should be from the factory balancing procedures :cowboy:

I also have the Wicked Wheel I purchased from Bob Riley "Dieselsite" a near three years ago,same great performance today as it was first installed :sweet

Bill

Yep - what Bill said.

Ron

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I received my wicked wheel on the 22nd and its in and doing its thing at 5 PM today. It really wasn't that hard and in the process I found I had two bolts missing from the middle of the turbo that holds the exhaust side on. Thought I had a exhaust leak somewhere but never looked there. Found one in the valley but am still missing the other. Do you get one from Ford or can I use a bolt that size if I can find a 5/16 x 20 x 3/4 long (I think that is right). Getting ready to hook up the trailer and load up the burnout pad and burn out truck (primer evil) to set up and run at Sat. Should be a good test for my surgeing problem. Three 1st, one 2nd, and one 3rd last year in 5 contests. Ford Big Blocks Rule :thumbs :thumbs -popcorn

TheHammer69

PowerStroker
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
I received my wicked wheel on the 22nd and its in and doing its thing at 5 PM today. It really wasn't that hard and in the process I found I had two bolts missing from the middle of the turbo that holds the exhaust side on. Thought I had a exhaust leak somewhere but never looked there. Found one in the valley but am still missing the other. Do you get one from Ford or can I use a bolt that size if I can find a 5/16 x 20 x 3/4 long (I think that is right). Getting ready to hook up the trailer and load up the burnout pad and burn out truck (primer evil) to set up and run at Sat. Should be a good test for my surgeing problem. Three 1st, one 2nd, and one 3rd last year in 5 contests. Ford Big Blocks Rule :thumbs :thumbs -popcorn

http://www.itpdiesel.com/Stage8.shtm

Hammer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58