Wide Open Throttle (WOT) problem

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has happened a few times and I'm not sure if I should take the truck in or wait to see if the problem clears up:

When on the highway and doing about 40 to 50 mph I have floored the accelerator forcing the tranny to downshift and accelerate. At a certain point it feels like the injectors, fuel pump, or something else malfunctions because the truck stops accelerating and it kind of feels like the rev limiter kicks in. The engine will go back to normal if I lift up on the accelerator slightly. Only happens when I mash down on the accelerator.

I repeated this quite a few times, but yesterday I couldn't get the engine to do it at all.

Anyone had something like this happen??

(6.4L F350, auto tranny)

David

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
This has happened a few times and I'm not sure if I should take the truck in or wait to see if the problem clears up:

When on the highway and doing about 40 to 50 mph I have floored the accelerator forcing the tranny to downshift and accelerate. At a certain point it feels like the injectors, fuel pump, or something else malfunctions because the truck stops accelerating and it kind of feels like the rev limiter kicks in. The engine will go back to normal if I lift up on the accelerator slightly. Only happens when I mash down on the accelerator.

I repeated this quite a few times, but yesterday I couldn't get the engine to do it at all.

Anyone had something like this happen??

(6.4L F350, auto tranny)

David
Yes I had the same problem. I had the fuel filters changed and I haven't had the problem since.

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over the past couple of days, I can't recreate the problem. Might have been something in the fuel..

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58