wierd vibration

sincitygt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so i went by the dealership, and there is a TSB for what seems to be the problem, the front hub bearing is shot. the tech took the autohub out and there was alot of play on the axle shaft on the drivers side, passenger side was fine. ford wanted almost $1000:rolleyes: i bought a new assembly from napa for $129 and im gonna change it myself. thanks for the help everyone, hopefully this fixes it

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
has anyone else heard of a TSB for the front hub bearing?? i have not.

i just replaced my driver side - been shot for over 2 years - and i never had the symptoms as you described - mine was the thudding of the bad sway bar bushings. my hubs had a whine/howl to it....

if i'd have known there was a TSB - it DEFINATELY would have been at fomoco - as they also told me it would be around $1100 for fix...

NOW, you said you took it to a shop who looked at the hubs and said it was not the issue??? You said you took the lock-out off - and drove the truck, and it still happened???

going to napa for $129 - WOW, mine was a little more expensive than that...did not get it from napa...was that for the hub?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg