Wife took ol girl in for a check up

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
We had a shift anomally a few times and I got concerned.
long delay from reverse to drive, followed by a hard BAM when i pushed the go pedal and she hadnt shfted into drive.:eek: :eek:
My DW took her in for a check up
well the verdict is in, Drum roll please............

Mechanic asked wife " yall got a chip in this truck?"
Wife "nope, not yet, that would void the warranty( aint she smart)"
Mechanic " this truck has to be the smoothest one I have worked on, it shifts great (I know ), and lots of power (i know that to), we cant find no codes or leaks",
Mechanic " Yall pull a heavy trailer"
Wife :D :D " oh yeah, 38 feet of wind stopping smoothness of a brick"
Mechanic " how does she pull? mpg etc"
Wife " hubby says great, mpg whats that :D , oh you mean fuel stops, every now then, when the dog has to pee " :roflmao :roflmao

I just love her :D

so i geuss ol girl just had a hiccup
good for me cause the new parts go one tonight..:sly

update
wifey dropped off truck at work, mechanic was convinced i had a programer or chip because it ran so smooth, told her he checked the computer and it had no evidence and thought we figured out how to not leave a trace....:confused: I aint that bright, wish i wuz, but it aint going to happen:confused: :D

Last edited:

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine happened too.....

Hi Robert, As you described, The same thing happened to me. I hope it isn't a big suprise someday in the future...:confused:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
pete
i am begining to think the computer programing is a "microsoft" family member and it jsut defaults to the standard "have you re-booted today, if not i will do it NOW for you":eek:
i just wanted it checked out and logged in oasis, in case it repeats and leaves me stranded with the fiver.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
so is it still doing it? Or was this the typical "we cant duplicate it so there must not be anything wrong"?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
so is it still doing it? Or was this the typical "we cant duplicate it so there must not be anything wrong"?

no duplicate
but i have to say my service manager(truck shop sup)and the technician that take care of my truck are pretty good, first few visits he was feeling us out to check our brain activity i geuss, but now its all good :sweet , plus the truck shop is a separate entity to the dealer, whole differnt building and set of managers, all the service writers were Technicians first, and superduty trucks are the smallest ones they work on, no 1/2 tons or cars.
I get the same tech everytime, he knows the trucks history, my service writer knows me by the sound of my voice, I dont call him often either,
they are always very polite to my wife, she parks the dually like its a chevette and makes alot of the MEN dually drivers look bad at the dealership :D

I found out yesterday afternoon, that the reason they were asking about chips and tuners is the service manager, forbids digging for chips unless the there is a problem that could be masked by a programer of chip and along the same lines.... if the cruise dont work, he wont void your warranty for having a chip. but they really wanted to make sure we didnt have one , because of my tranny issue and wanted to make sure it was just an anommally vice an impending problem, he also enters it in oasis not as a warrnaty concern of NO repair or defect, so it stays active in the files for future issues if any arise
i geuss they have to use a grain of salt becuase of the amount of saleens and cars and trucks on power enhancements they sell...?
and he liked the reverb from the exhaust inside the service bay, couple folks jumped :D

oh and my floor mats were cleaned :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You lucky dog, wish I felt that way about the Technician that works on my truck. He's a good ole boy but I just don't think he knows everything that he needs to know. Robert I may have to come to Huntville and let him ck it out.:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg