Wife's Wreck

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Monday January 28th, my wife was headed to work and was about 1/2 mile from home. For some strange reason, she drifted off to the right side of the highway, hit a mailbox, overcorrected, and rolled our 2011 Crown Victoria twice, totalling it. Thank God, she only has a broken right wrist, bruises, and a concussion. The top of the car wasn't crushed, and the driver's side fared better than the passenger's side. She was able to call/text since her phone was plugged in and wasn't "dislodged" during the accident. The following Thursday, she had surgery to put a plate and pins in the wrist to put everything back in place. Interestingly enough, on December 26th, she also had arthroscopic surgery on her left knee. Last Friday, we purchased a new 2013 Honda Accord EX. It's our first experience with a Honda, so far it's been nice. I "bleed Ford Blue" and wanted to get a Fusion, but she wanted the Honda and also picked out the color (Champagne Frost Pearl [tan]). In addition, she had started a new job a week before the accident and is driving 38 miles each way, so maybe this was a blessing to help out on fuel costs. The Crown Vic got 20 mpg on its last tank, and the Honda is rated at 27 city, 36 highway, 30 combined. Just hate having a bigger car note.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear your wife is OK!! Getting a new car is better than what could have happened. Count your blessings 02SilverStroke.

Dave :thumbs

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 with Dave.. Wayne !!! We can replace all of our material stuff very easily.. but not our Loved ones. Glad she is okay. Enjoy the new Honda.

Joe.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your wife will be OK before long. Sorry about the Crown Vic.
Doug

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. The dealer that we bought the Crown Vic from had another one identical to the one we wrecked (another black one, same equipment), but she didn't want another one. We're getting used to all the "gadgets" on the Honda. We've never had one with a backup camera, pushbutton start, etc. The car also has a camera on the right side mirror that activates with the turn signal to see what's beside you. She has to go back to the orthopedic doctor tomorrow to get the stitches taken out of her wrist, and hopefully a different cast. She's still in lots of pain all over (neck, back, arms, legs, etc.) but I tell her that it will get better, it will just take time.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, these injuries take their sweet time in healing. I know your wife will hang in there.

Dave :thumbs

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on the Gadgetry Wayne.. had this new DRW for about a month now.. I figure I'm at about 60% at mastering all the Wizardry this truck has on it ;):) I do like the back-up camera.. REAL handy in the Parking lots. The Voice command stuff (?) not so sure.. Yet :D

Several years ago.. the wife shattered her lower leg & ankle (amputation was considered:eek:) Very slow healing process.. but in the end.. ALL is well. As they say.. Time Heals All Wounds ?? It's just a "Hang In" deal. We wish her (and you) well.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58