Wig Wag or headlight flashers

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am in need of a wigwag system that flashes the headlights and either brake or back-up lights. I can find them all day long to flash the headlights but not the tail lights. Does anybody have any leads?

Thanks
Scott

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Sounds like you're looking for a Tailbacker which alternates the brake lights with the reverse. Check out the taillight flasher from SSI :sweet

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Grote Lighting makes one, so does Signal-Stat... both should be available from larger parts houses or NAPA...

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
If ya want your money's worth. Go with strobes. Which can be found at Galls. Reason being, wig-wags an flashers though cheaper don't last nearly half as long. I was gonna go with flashers till I did some research. Hope that helps.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, sorry it took so long to get back with you but I now have a new computer!! The hard drive can make some funny sounds when it decides to go! Anyway, I have checked out the links and have found some good stuff but I am curious about the strobe statement. Explain what you are talking about Fireman. Do you mean the strobes that mount on the vehicle or is this something else? As far as the question as to why, I want to get people out of my way so I can go 100mph safely! Okay, just joking, I do some work for the cable company and I almost got hit the other day while parked on the side of the road. I had the factory flashers on but they didn't see them or at least that is what I think they were saying while yelling! I want to attract more attention without mounting anything on top or to my truck. This is purely for safety reasons :burnit

Scott

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Have a seat an get your pen an paper, its back to school LOL j/k. Ok to my understanding this is how it goes. Legal disclaimer time : I by no means am an expert in this or claim to know it all. Hehe. Anyhow. Wig wags, I believe pretty much replace exsiting bulbs an only activate their lil action when a toggle switch is thrown. Whereas strobes are mounted in the headlight,tail light, turn signal, back up light, what have you, with the existing bulb as well. They are MUCH brighter than wig wags an last a lot longer. The power supply for them can be mounted under your seat as well to conceal its where abouts. Then just mount your toggle switch wherever yuo would want it. Strobes also have different "flash" patterns as well. Where wig wags are limited. My old strobes in my Dodge would flash four times a second alternating left to right. I had them in my head an tail lights, for FD use. I think you would be better off with strobes for quality reasons, ect. Yes they are ore expsensive compared to wig wags which I have seen for as low as $20. But a guy on the FD with me was replacing his about every 6 months. I had my Dodge for 3 years on the FD an never replaced the strobes. But with my current truck, it is wiser to just order new bulbs than use the old. Also if ya do go with strobes, use clear silicone to seal around them when installed to keep water out, ect. Just my $.02, hope it helps. Sorry for the long post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58