Wiki Update! Smart Auxiliary back up lights

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
The latest How-to article has been added to the Wiki from member "powerboatr" :sweet

Smart Auxiliary back up lights

Thanks Robert! :thumbs

Bill

I like it but personally I just have mine wired to the trailer reverse lights on the 7 pin RV connector. This wire only has power if the relay is installed under the hood. The relay came in the glove box of my truck with some other goodies. Mine do fire every time I put the truck in reverse but I can live with it. His design is much better for bulb life. There is one thing I didn't understand though... "I am also working on a Model A1 that will cancel the lights if you have a trailer harness plugged in to the truck trailer harness" Is he saying you would not want them on when you have a trailer? That's one of the reasons I put mine on was backing trailers in the dark. I have them slightly pointed outward and this lights the trailers tires while backing giving you a much easier task. I also will put the truck in reverse while the truck is off for safety, but the key in the on position to aid hooking up wiring and locking the trailer onto the truck. Good job on the article I just don't think I would kill the lights if a trailer was plugged in.

rtxcoon

She Smokes a little!!!
Reaction score
nice article....and a good technical point to it....

stand alone switchability is nice if your trying to pull someone out of a ditch
or something at nite so you can see behind you while in drive, plus you can
always cut them on for tailgaters...:) to each his own.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great writeup, but one typo (I guess:) )
just tryin to hep, u know !

"And provides for a power source that can handle the loads with over powering factory switches and harnesses."
Shouldn't this be without over powering ?
but maybe you intended that :) :) :)

dang you - now I gotta waste the fuel to go get all these parts !

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Yep a typo
thanks

also the reference to have them to remain off with the trailer plugged in, is because with my fiver the glare is killer witht them on. evn angled down and out.
the shiny fiberglass whites out the rear mirrors.

JohnBoyToo said:
Great writeup, but one typo (I guess:) )
just tryin to hep, u know !

"And provides for a power source that can handle the loads with over powering factory switches and harnesses."
Shouldn't this be without over powering ?
but maybe you intended that :) :) :)

dang you - now I gotta waste the fuel to go get all these parts !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track