will a motor out of a school bus work

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any year powerstroke will fit.just have to change certain parts.

comeing from a bus you will need to swap the oil pan,flywheel,trans adapter,exhaust manifolds/uppipes,possibly the oil cooler,HPOP reservoir,water pump unless you read the directions on converting your truck to run the IH pump with the coolant filter,bottom pully and all accessories and brackets.possibly the turbo or the compressor housing and intake Y pipe.and some sensors here and there as well as the passengers side valve cover.

Basically if you need to change all of the above then your still good. All you need to do is clean off all those parts off your motor and swap them over. Basically at least the block will work for you.

pawsranch3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
when i pulled my valve covers it was obvious that i have water mixing with my oil, the coolant is a dirty brown color and pressurized, as well as there is a loud knock coming from somewhere. my friend has this moter that he said i could have so i figure that i will pull this engine and swap it out??? i dont know what else to do, it sure sounds like a head gasket to me???? what do yall think

Have you determined that your motor is bad from info gathered in THIS THREAD or what has helped you make your decision to swap motors?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Basically if you need to change all of the above then your still good. All you need to do is clean off all those parts off your motor and swap them over. Basically at least the block will work for you.

yup the block and heads are the same for all years.and possibly the timing cover.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
when i pulled my valve covers it was obvious that i have water mixing with my oil, the coolant is a dirty brown color and pressurized, as well as there is a loud knock coming from somewhere. my friend has this moter that he said i could have so i figure that i will pull this engine and swap it out??? i dont know what else to do, it sure sounds like a head gasket to me???? what do yall think
The loud knock still puzzles me, I dont doubt that your inspection of the valve train is accurate (dirty brown coolant mixed w/oil) but a blown HG wont result in a knock. Sumpin is bent or broken on the rotating assembly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14