will a stancor relay help my morning start?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my mission is to become smoke free!!! one day it will happen,give it time kevin,it will happen. could a bad gpr cause blu smoke?after i changed the gp's it always starts on first crank,it just chokes on clue smoke in the mornings,i dont know :dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're chasing after eliminating the smoke then you may want to replace your injector o-rings because the small amount of residual pressure in the HPOP system may be bleeding off into the fuel system leaving the engine to start on oil not diesel.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to replace o rings i have to take the injector apart right?how long of a procedure is it and how much would the parts be?

dpantazis

Reaction score
are you trying to rebuild the injector or just trying to replace the EXTERNAL orings?

um, you just slip off the old ones and lube up the new ones and slide them on in order :confused:

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whatever would cause blue smoke on startups after truck sits over night.ive been told it prolly the injector o rings.

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
Just slide old o-rings off and new ones back on after oiling them up a bit in their respective locations injector does not need to come apart to do that;tu

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats easy enough,i thought there were o rings inside the injector that go bad and cause blue smoke after truck has been sitting,so the outside o rings are what cause oil leakege into the cylinder?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14