will check light come on if i plug the egr cooler on a 03.

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i plan to do the egr cooler delete (welded on both sides), ive heard some check engine light comes on, in some trucks. has anybody done this to a 2003? i will leave the egr connected does it affect anything once plugged.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We have people who have plugged in a EGR coil to keep the light out. I am not sure if leaving your EGR unplugged will set the CEL (Check Engine Light) or not. Try it.

Dave :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will need to look for a tuner that will stop the setting of the CEL when the EGR is gone. Look for EGR Delete kit.

Dave

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i live in California, i have to pass smog every 2 years.. its only a visual inspection and they hook up the computer to make sure you don't have the egr code.. check engine light on.. i had it done last year, iam trying to decide on what is best for me, iam on a budget so don't wan't to spend a fortune on a new egr cooler, and probably an egr. i plan on changing injectors, oil cooler,blue spring mod, and whatever i decide about the egr.

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my EGR unplugged for a couple of months now and have not had any lights come on, I also havent had the wrench light come on while pulling my rv either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58